Monthly contest - Voting instructions added

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
This is a collaborative effort with myself, Bill L and his son Eric L who all worked on this chess board as a Christmas gift for our friends son. They wanted an heirloom piece that they would be able to create many memories with. The thing is that Bill, Eric and I now have some great memories of our own as well by building this one of kind board. As most of you will attest when working with wood things don't always go as planned. However, we were able to overcome the challenges and the end result came out simply beautiful. The board is chess regulation standard made from Paduk, Wenge and Hard Maple. The box is made from walnut with some hard maple splines the bottom is black felt. The pieces belong to the person as did the timer. We added the set of coasters as an extra surprise. The phone call we received on Christmas made this challenging build all worth the effort.

Attachments

• chess board 12.19.21.jpg
    chess board 12.19.21.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 232
  • chess board2 12.19.21.jpg
    chess board2 12.19.21.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Chess board 12.19.21 side.jpg
    Chess board 12.19.21 side.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 239

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
This contest is still open for those that finished their projects just in time

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Made a pair of these View attachment 207174
5985djuLU3SfQa0gOcrC5WUgCwnmJSpDtvSDCqMZ03NspMd3ayvye7zAG0i7y291iqCN6BYtuxZOuO2Eqge_Kf84R8MkCLINlJbxqihxKYHkXgsBs--EGlmSDXtj_g-W7EwjgBnu_49iGr2DMLvj4hVWEqmBEuiKeGnfiuEKcQWTXVvwzEHHsZe0RLFa3Q0K45pAninInWDLU9Efb6Op_-U2Ai5fRsfPwspCDlI2xBRFTENQd9cslLI6sClMckBC-MkUTZp96rzjHmnQYLvBpbSVFu9BtiKMms4igqTrkUs7za6Z4fbCInrlc6AY0Sg68GLjjkBaO8wFEGADNDQ8TMi2W2A5nVeFN_X8-Pu-Tm3LU-HijucYm7Jrn2b2kLK4Y93KvodXrFDGevHGqzmIhWzU9DiCjUFTJct1XXMOn6840d3zakoSd_eS4ZJ1PPCl6wQwtm-YTXahD4ycGxc3DM5wUOZbCD4trqDFnnMKUN0ege4MkYlTAyEB8GczAEW4C59xgcgl7Wx_wiH8UUAfigA8xY8pV-oBAsmHRD-3VhWJNoOH_sHQKIVqkI53WIILBvt-g2GnXSqzFnZnrQBjfW85Prj9uakkyICCRk6S4TcPEdS1M0OYj5yBNM72wEGWH3oNx336GTYkQNpatlWd4O0H6HymT0gwvbguoBKaLzxNX7nFue40QfOyJj0jyNJo7UrTHY8U_ypYkvCzz33BEUw=w923-h1229-no
for our bedroom. They're not tilted, I'm camera challenged. Now my wife knows what I've spent the last month + (cursing) down in the shop. Maple, Cherry and curly Cherry veneer. Designed as I built them.

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Updated finally on Jan 5, quite late - sorry. I forgot to schedule recovery plans from holidays with energetic granddaughters. So now back to reality

I found that our polling system is not what it used to be. Given that and the large number of submittals, we needed a work-around to get this vote off the ground. Dee2 created a table of the eligible entries for the December contest, thanks Gene. Since we cannot collect tabulated counts by polling, please select your top choice for the 2021 December Monthly Winner and post the 'gift' and creator from the table into a unique post in this thread. Please one vote per member.

On or about Jan 8, I will tabulate the selections and announce the winner

Thanks

GiftCreatorGiftCreator
Rocking horse, etc.bob vaughncorner crittersJclrk
BullwinklegolfdadDeuce coupeJNCarr
Pair of knivesFredP...the herdbainin
SYP Xmas treechriscPH cutting boardFredP
2 boxescuprousworksEnd grain boardNYTransplant
Doll cradlesMark2Mimosa snowmenmikeh74
Quilters RosesjclrkCharcuterie boardrick mainhart
LED 'A'bowmanornamentsmkepke
Chess boardLincHCutting boardMark2