Minimax vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Two and a half weeks ago I received my damaged and parts missing MM24 bandsaw. As Steve has been doing PM, one ding for MM. The damage isn't their fault, but I believe some of the missing parts were not included. I called MM about how to handle, and they said to take pictures and send them a parts list and they would get the parts to me. So last Friday, no parts, I call and leave a message. I get an email from Sam this Monday that they were doing inventory this past week, and that I would have them this week. Another ding for MM. Yesterday, I send Sam an email that I still do not have parts, and I would like to get the tracking numbers.

Sooo, today around 2 PM the parts guy calls me to verify what parts I need. I ask don't you have the text file I sent, haven't the parts been shipped? The answer is no, we have been busy. Another ding for MM. They say they can ship them to me overnight and I will have them Monday. They also want to know how I am going to pay for them, and then I get irritated. When I talked to Sam at MM originally about the damage, he said they would ship them to me, and work out the damages with the carrier and me. Another ding for MM. I explained this to Marco the parts guy, and that I was going to be out of town next week, so overnight wasn't going to do me any good.

Well, I stewed on this for awhile, and I called them back and told them I wanted the parts tomorrow. I have been waiting two weeks to get this saw set up and adjusted as it should be, and I want them now. Marco said it was going to be too expensive, and I told him fine. They needed to come pick the saw up as I wasn't going to take it. He said I needed to talk to Sam, and I told him I would not talk to Sam anymore. I asked him to transfer me to Jim the owner. Stayed on hold awhile, and Marco comes back on and says they need to check some things and will call me back.

About 10 minutes later, Marco leaves me a message they are going to ship the stuff for Saturday delivery and I will have it tomorrow. Plus one for MM.

For the past 2 weeks I have a massive bandsaw that is unsafe to use. I can understand damage not being MM responsibility, but to tell me they are going to ship the stuff and me never see a thing PO's me bad. I have been dying to get this thing fully set up, adjusted, and going, and everyday, I wait for the brown truck and he doesn't show.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Travis,

That SUCKS, and in the bad way. Sounds like you handled it very calmly and diplomatically. At least better than I would have :eusa_sile

Stick with it a while longer and I hope you get what you already should have in hand. Your vent is fully justified :saw:

Roger

M

McRabbet

Travis -- It is really ironic that the very best products in the world can be rendered useless by poor handling (some creep with the trucking company) and further compromised by poor customer service when a simple request for the necessary fixes by the customer paying the big bucks doesn't spur the manufacturer to follow up promptly to insure customer satisfaction. The folks at MM should be ashamed and owe you a letter of apology.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I would probably be beyond the stew point by now if it had been me. Two weeks of apathy on their part is indefensible. You did the right thing standing your ground. At this point I am surprised they aren't throwing in some freebies...I mean worthwhile freebies.

Purported issues with customer servive have haunted Laguna in the past. It's sad to see MM showing a disregard for the customer.

Don't let the poor CS soil your opinion of the machine. I hope it's now simply a matter of installing the damaged parts and making cuts.

Chuck

Monty

New User
Monty
Hopefully things will be in order tomorrow, and you can finally finish setting up that nice saw. Once you get past this, I'm sure you're gonna love that saw.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Travis,

Sorry about the trouble with MM. Fulfillment seems to be the always a weak spot with most of the suplliers.

(...of course, you could have bought a Felder for the same cost. Oops, that just slipped out).

Bernhard

J

jeff...

Wow, amazing story - glad you shared it. Personally I would have told them to come and get the saw after the third phone call. Truth of the matter is there are lots of band saw manufactures out there. I'm sure customer service is better elsewhere. I can be a real jacka55 (won't cuss here) when it comes to stuff like this. You’re a much better man than I am.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Right, it just slipped out.;-)

I thought about that today when I told them to pick it up if I didn't get parts tomorrow.

dozer

Mike
Travis you are a much more patient man than I am. I would have went postal when Marco asked me how I was going to pay for it. Could be why I never get thank you notes from people I buy from that have poor CS.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well, Minimax followed through and all the parts were delivered this morning. :eusa_danc Now I get to put them on and get the beast adjusted.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Well Travis
Good luck with the repairs and you are a bigger man then I. They would have been picking it up after the third call no matter what they did or promised just on principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS