Milissa, near Asheville

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandm

New User
Milissa
Hi, folks. I've lurked for a while, but it's time to unveil.

I know how much pictures are loved, so my website (link below) is probably the best place to meet me & see what I'm doing. Comments & tips are also appreciated--there is provision for those on the website, as well as a way to contact me via email.

The "apprentice" bit is my work with Alan Dewey, whom most of you probably do not know. So, here's Alan.

Anyway, I am a chatterbox, so will forcibly stop. There's plenty of that on my website already.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome Milissa, glad to have you with us:icon_thum - Looking forward to seeing more of your turnings -

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Melissa! We are happy you found us and thanks for sharing your turning experiences on your website. You will not lack for turners here to get to know!

Barbara

timf67

New User
Tim
Welcome, It is good to get some more "Chatterboxes" on this site, some of us love to post...:gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Milissa !:icon_cheers

Glad to see you have officially joined this fine bunch of sawdusters and look forward to seeing more pictures of your turnings.

Have fun and post often!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Milissa. This is a wonderful group of folks. It's great to have you here. If you like to chat, you should join us Thursday night in the flashchat lounge (right side of the screen near the top). We hope to see you there. :eek:ccasion1

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome! Looks like you have been involved in some interesting work.

Is it Lee-cester or Lester?:gar-Bi

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Welcome from another Ashevillian. Join us Dec 12 for the WNC Woodworkers at Mountain Sawyers in Fletcher. I'm sure our President will pipe in and offer an invitation also.

mandm

New User
Milissa
Thank you to all of you for the welcomes...and website activity! Y'all woke up the bots for sure over the last day.

Welcome from another Ashevillian. Join us Dec 12 for the WNC Woodworkers at Mountain Sawyers in Fletcher. I'm sure our President will pipe in and offer an invitation also.

I think I work the 12th--I'm an RN at St Joe's and work weekends (Fri-Sat-Sun). If I get a schedule enough in advance, I can take meeting days (I sound like a Quaker with that, but you know what I mean) off.

I'll join the Turners' Association, too.

Any other local groups?

I also am getting a bit tired of being lumberjill and turning green wood, so I will need to identify commercial sources. I'll put this on a separate thread, but local info is always useful. Alan really & truly doesn't want to ship it to me from England!

And, lest anyone thinks I missed this:

IT'S PRONOUNCED "LES-TER"!

Local argument, folks. Does Leicester = LES-ter (the answer being, yes) or LEE-cess-ter (um...no).

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Welcome aboard! In looking at your archives, it looks like you are using an old Shop Smith ER. Am I correct? I, too, have an ER. It isn't any good as a table saw, but I use it as a lathe and horizonal borer, as well as a sanding disk.

Anyway, I think you will find this group outstanding, and even amazing at times.

Jim in Mayberry

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Welcome,

Would love to see your turnings when I am not at work that blocks peoples websites. Dang~!

You have chosen a great site to be a part of, Just jump right in and be the chatter box you are and you will make some wonderful friends from NCWW. I know I have~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS