Mesquite for free-sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpeck

New User
Brian
Folks, Time to clean out the workshop. I have several small logs of mesquite and a couple of olive. I would like these roughed out into blocks (suitable for carving) and maybe some small planks for little boxes. However I don't own a bandsaw. This stuff is hard so handsaw work is mighty slow, though I have done it as you can see by the bottom log.

So, for someone with a bandsaw setup for resawing and some help doing it you can have the olive and we'll split the mesquite. Size of logs will yield blanks for small turnings and pens.

Here's the logs
logs2.JPG

View image in gallery

Here's what mesquite looks like when finished, the pictures don't do it justice.

Also the reading chimp and penguin in my gallery are mesquite. I may even throw in a small chunk of desert ironwood if I can find where I put it.

I'm in North Raleigh, so the closer the better.

Thanks
Brian

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I work in North Hills and live in south Cary, driving past at least one or two people who misght be interested. I would be happy to mule it back and forth for a blank or two...

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Brian,
I'm in Cary and would be happy to resaw it for you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Gonzalo

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I can understand that. Gonzalo has a great saw for this; I have visited him a couple of times. He is in the part of Cary that isn't too bad from N Raleigh - straight down 540 until it peters out and you are almost there.

bpeck

New User
Brian
Many thanks to Ganzalo. :icon_thum Got some nice boards and some good carving blocks. Always nice to meet new people and talk a little shop.

Brian

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Brian,
You are welcome over anytime, I had a blast resawing the mesquite. Thanks again for the olivewood and ironwood, that was very nice of you.

Gonzalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors