Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That's just beautiful to look at.

How great thou art!

Chuck

(I'd frame it and stick it on the wall, too!)

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Sorry for all the questions, but I just took a class in Columbia SC with Purple Thumb and Merrill77 taught by David J. Marks on Marquetry...

McRabbet,

It was great meeting you at the class. I had a great time! I was truly amazed at what David was able to teach us in such a short time. I haven't used a scroll saw since elementary school and I've only tried inlay once before - a very simple effort inlaying a straight-lined shape. You can see my class project below. Far from perfect, but honestly I would have not guessed I was capable of this much...

InlayClassProject.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
McRabbet,

It was great meeting you at the class. I had a great time! I was truly amazed at what David was able to teach us in such a short time. I haven't used a scroll saw since elementary school and I've only tried inlay once before - a very simple effort inlaying a straight-lined shape. You can see my class project below. Far from perfect, but honestly I would have not guessed I was capable of this much...

InlayClassProject.jpg

Nicely done! I watched David do one of his inlays online. It is a similar technique to what I did. He just used thicker veneer and cut it with the scroll saw, but the basic concept is the same. Keep practicing! You will soon surprise yourself with what you can be capable of! These little features really set a piece in a new league!

M

McRabbet

Nice job, Chris! I'm afraid I haven't been as successful -- I do not own a scroll saw and am considering getting one of the Hitachi saws currently on clearance at Lowe's so I can proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS