Marking Gauge Workshop February 1st 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Re: Marking Gauge Workshop

I hate to leave two people out, is there a day everyone can come? How about the 1st?

Ralrick

New User
Rick

I'm good for the 1st as well. Sent my Check to you yesterday Mike.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

I can do the 1st - no problem. PM your address and I'll send a check. $25 - correct?

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User

I would love to join you guys if there is still room. I am 99% sure the 1st will work, (the little guy isn't due until the end of March).

Mike, if you can please PM me your address, I'll get a check in the mail.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

Mike,
I'm also in for the 1st or 8th. PM me your address and I'll also drop a check in the mail. The workshop was $25 right? Did that include lunch?

Thanks,
Michael

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Yes, $25. I'll make a crock pot of beef chili and a big salad if that suits everyone.

I already had you down for the 1st, Mike.

Everyone who prepays gets a bonus.

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I got in the parts today. Starting to assemble kits.

For you guys taking the workshop, do you want to drill and tap the brass parts or should I go ahead and do that?

I had planned to cut the strip, drill four holes, countersink them then cut the blade holder, drill and tap the screw hole for it. The cross drilled hole for the holding pin has to be done after it is glued. It just a matter of speeding up the workshop or doing the whole thing yourself.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I got in the parts today. Starting to assemble kits.

For you guys taking the workshop, do you want to drill and tap the brass parts or should I go ahead and do that?

I had planned to cut the strip, drill four holes, countersink them then cut the blade holder, drill and tap the screw hole for it. The cross drilled hole for the holding pin has to be done after it is glued. It just a matter of speeding up the workshop or doing the whole thing yourself.

It's not crucial that I do every step on my own. I would like to see each step done if possible though. Ultimately this will be your call. I am looking forward to the workshop.

eyekode

New User
Salem
It's not crucial that I do every step on my own. I would like to see each step done if possible though. Ultimately this will be your call. I am looking forward to the workshop.

+1

If the holes don't get tapped let me know if you need me to bring another tap or two.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I'm fine with you doing this as prep Mike if you have the time. As said above, it would be interesting to see you do one of them during the day but it would be great if the rest were already done.

Rick

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I have no problem with you getting the prep work done ahead of time. But like the others, I'd like to see the steps through the fab process on at least one unit during the workshop.

Thanks,
Michael

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm going ahead and releasing the first draft of the gauge, it is not finished but I would like comments on any mistakes you may find.
Guide1.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It was pointed out that the views of the beam are incorrect. I need to swap positions of the two long views. Side and end don't align.

I will correct that.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think this plan is pretty close, please go ahead and print so you can get you wood parts ready. Make enough for two sets.

in the workshop you will need

8 inch flat file
180, 220, 300, 400 grit sandpaper

if anyone has a small router and 3/16 or 1/8 round over bit that will help
i don't and got by without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS