Marco's Boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Here is a small Santa carving I just finished. 6' Tall and 2 1/2 " wide, carved from Basswood. All of these figures are painted with an acrylic wash, dried and then dipped in BLO for about 5 minutes. After the BLO, I wipe them off and spray with Deft and leave to dry over night. On several I've done, after they have dried, I then flood them with a coat of Watco dark satin wax and then wipe that off. The BLO helps to antique them and the wax helps highlight some of the features. As always, comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.

Chuck

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very nice. I still have a hard time imagining that quality in three months.:notworthy::notworthy:

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Thanks Tracy. I've always had a "little" artistic talent but have never really done anything with it. Now I think I have found my niche. I really enjoy doing these. And Yes, it's really only been about 3 months now.

Thanks,

Chuck

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Chuck,,

As I have said before, your work is fantastic and I still can't see how you're turning them out as fast as you are. Once again , nice job:icon_thum.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Very nice. Only 3 months Holy cow. That's unreal. I hope I am that good with my chip carving in 3 months. Great Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS