maple, beech, hickory, walnut scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

New User
Update your profile with your name
I need 3/4 or 4/4x2.5x12" scraps of most any hard, tight-grained wood. I make chairmaking tools (handtoolwoodworking.com to see them). If someone is milling any of these woods and can convince me that they aren't infested with powder-post beetles, I would also be interested.

Thanks,
Elia

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Cabinet shops and furniture making shops may let you go through their scrap bins. Periodically making them a bowl or something else might grease the wheels to encourage them to let you come back again. A guy I know north of Greensboro says he hasn't paid for any hardwood in over 20 years by doing this.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I don't have much scrap right now but I do have an lot of hardwood that will have to be cut smaller to be useable. It's mostly 4/4, random lengths and widths. I have walnut, beech, cherry, pecan, spalted beech, cedar and oak. I figured one day I'd cut it up for cutting boards, spoons, etc.
You are welcome to come see if you can use any. It's not free, however I do keep scrap in a box as I get it figuring one day I'd give it to a woodworker. Otherwise it winds up as kindling (which hurts my feelings). But right now I have very little scrap (but a lot of lumber!).

Elia

New User
Update your profile with your name
Rob,

You're a good drive from me, but I would be interested if the price is right and I can get enough wood to make at least a couple hundred 3x12" pieces. I the wood kiln dried?

You can e-mail me at elia (at) handtoolwoodworking.com and we can discuss this futher.

Thanks,
Elia

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might want to check with Scott Smith. He is in New Hill. He probably won't have cut-offs but he might have the KD stock you want at a reasonable price. He is SCSMITH42

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Cabinet shops and furniture making shops may let you go through their scrap bins. Periodically making them a bowl or something else might grease the wheels to encourage them to let you come back again. A guy I know north of Greensboro says he hasn't paid for any hardwood in over 20 years by doing this.

I've got a honey spot I get Mahogany,sapele and some other type's from:gar-Bi.Most place's will let you get there scrap's.That way they don't have to pay to dump it.I've even worked out some deals on some equipment:wink_smil.Just make sure you talk to them first .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS