Magnolia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
I have 2 approx 40' southern magnolias (the kind with the big leaves and large white flowers) in my back yard. The yard is small and they have taken over (no grass, leaves all year, etc, etc, so they are coming down. The trunks are about 12-15" in dia at 4" above the ground and very straight. One has a large crotch at about 2' off the ground. I understand that this wood is excellent for turning, but I am not a turner.

I don't have a date when they will be cut...gotta find a good tree service, etc, etc, but if any sawyers, or turners, or others are interested, I will have the tree service leave the trunks in 6' or so sections in my side yard. PM me if interested.

Ed

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Went by Ed D's place today and picked up a couple of logs today. Boy was I useless :BangHead::BangHead: they where at least 6 feet long and 15-18 in Dia. Thank goodness for Ed :eusa_danc:eusa_danc and my son. Ed still has about 4 to5 logs of these measurements that still need to be gotten. I would love more of this wood but it will need to be into more manageable pieces. So any one with a chain saw that is willing to give me a hand cutting thees up and or would like some of this wood shot me a PM

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Magnolia is a good turning wood. If you are lucky enough to get it to spalt, it can be awesome.
Wish it was closer, I'd see about getting a little.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Ed,
just found this post for the first time but if you still have some of that magnolia I'm over off of 150 near Mooresville .PM me and we can get together.
Greg

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Ed,
just found this post for the first time but if you still have some of that magnolia I'm over off of 150 near Mooresville .PM me and we can get together.
Greg

Greg
Do you have a chain saw? I would come down to help with cutting these up and getting out of Ed's yard.. There is plenty of wood and they will make some nice turning blanks if we can get them in to more manageable sizes:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS