Made Another Marking Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Since I gave my first one to Dad, I needed to make another marking knife. It as made of walnut with a bronze ferrule. The blade was from a floor scraper blade that has been floating around for about a year.

IMAG0024-1.jpg

Hope you like it!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like it, you can send it to me :-D Seeing as you're getting so good at them, the next one you make for yourself will be even better :icon_thum

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Dave, I'd do that for you, but after seeing your pens, I think you need more practice!:rolf:

They really are pretty easy. The recip blade I used on the first one is a great source for the blade. I used an angle grinder to get the steel and a file and bench grinder to shape and sharpen it. The ferrule I used was a bronze bushing, but you can use a copper fitting from the borg. I have some brass hydrolic hose ferrules for another project that would also work good. I'm enjoying making my own tools!

Anybody else out there making your own tools?

MikeH

New User
Mike
Ed the knife looks great! :eusa_clap I really need to get my lathe on a stand and get my tools sharpened. I need to swing by your shop sometime to see your setup. Are you going to be around Easter weekend?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Good stuff and useful no doubt :icon_thum
Since I don't have a lathe nor floating floor scrapers, you should consider that one mine ;-)

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ed the knife looks great! :eusa_clap I really need to get my lathe on a stand and get my tools sharpened. I need to swing by your shop sometime to see your setup. Are you going to be around Easter weekend?

I think I'll be around, except for Sunday. We'll be going to rootin' tootin' Newton to visit the inlaws! Not much of a setup, but you're welcome to stop by. Do you still have my #?

nelsone

New User
Ed
Mike, those look great. What did you use for the scratch awl?

Roger, sounds like you NEED a lathe. What more justification do you need???:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS