Lost My Hero Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Just wanted to ask for prayers today. Mom and Dad are in a nursing home in Greensboro (Masonic and Eastern Star Home). Received a phone call this morning that Dad passed at 3:30AM. Mom took it hard and the stress rekindled her heart problems so they took her to the hospital for care.

They were both going to be 93 this year so this was not totally unexpected, but it still a shock when it happens.

I learned a lot of what I know about mechanics, DIY, and woodworking (and life in general) from him. He retired from the Army in 1960 and went on to retire from the Univ of Florida later after which he and Mom traveled extensively around the US in a motorhome. He led a full life and took his family around the world in his Army travels (I went to 23 schools from the first through the twelfth grades).

Again, just wanted to ask that you keep us in your thoughts and that this will be the first picnic I've missed since they started.

Thanks
George

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
George,

I'm very sorry to hear about you loss. You and yours will be in my prayers as you celebrate your father's life and mourn his passing.

Travis

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
My condolences George. We'll think of you and your dad during the picnic.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear of his passing.
It never comes easy, even when expected.
Prayers for you, your mom, and your whole family being sent.

b4man

New User
Barbara
George,
I am sorry to see this. If I can do anything here in GSO to help please let me know.
You, your Mom and family are in my prayers.

Barbara

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
My sincerest condolences, George. I was a military brat myself and my father was a great role model.

Bill

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
My thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. My sincerest condolences.

Ernie

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
George,sorry for your loss. My prayers are going out for your family.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
George, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like your Dad was a pretty cool guy.

Scott

DWSmith

New User
David
I feel and understand your loss. My Dad died on 12/26/74 just a few days short of 65 and mother died on 12/23/10 just a few days past 96. Please accept my sincerest condolences for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS