Looking for bed-frame type bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have been to the sight. Life has gotten very busy. I have moved to Hillsborough and am enjoying the change of pace.

In preparing for the move, I disassembled our dining room table. It is a teak Scandinavian table I bought at Danco on Hwy 70 about 15 years ago. Still looking good and holding up. When I disassebmled the tabletop and the base supports, I put the tabletop bolts back where they came from. Unfortunately, I put the supports nuts and bolts together in a plastic baggie and have not been able to find them yet.

The base was made up of two 'T's each formed by two pieces of wood, one edge butt-ending into the middle of the second (perpendicular) to make a 'T'. Lots of support. The butt joint is help together by two screens and nuts like you see in some bed frames. There are two holes in the middle of the top of the 'T' where it buts into the 'trunk' of the 'T'. The bolts go in there. There is a hole drilled into the 'trunk' of the 'T' for the bolt to go down to a hole drilled into the side of the 'trunk' board.

A round nut slides into the hole and the screws into the nut and there are no visible fasteners unless you see the bolt head (which is hidden) or happen to look down the nut hole.

Long description to ask two simple questions. Can anyone put a name to the type of nut and bolt I have described? They are pretty common. And, second, can you tell me where I might be able to buy them?

Thanks...

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I would bet you could find it at Woodworker's Supply right up the road in Graham.

BTW... welcome to Hillsborough!!!! :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Lowe's also has a decent selection of "speciality hardware" in the hardware section. It is usually in the drawers. You might find what you're looking for there

Dave:)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Marvin my inlaws found a baby bed at a yard sale without the hardware and I was able to adapt a smaller version of what Glenn showed to assemble the baby bed for my grandson.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
As always, you guys are fast and accurate!!!

That was exactly the type of item I am looking for. Yes, they are great for holding things like cribs and bed frames together.

I will check out some of the local stores. Now that I am in Hillsborough, Graham is much closer than it used to be!!! :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS