LOML Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Saw a set of nested boxes when we were on vacation last October. I made a set for LOML's birthday. Built out of pine with through dovetails, stained with Minnwax Golden Oak, 3 coats of WB poly. Large box is a 16" cube, middle is a 14" cube and the small box is a 12" cube. Don't know what she'll do with them but she likes them. Something else for me to trip over when I'm making a midnight run to the fridge.

Rick Doby

Attachments

• DSCN0037.JPG
    DSCN0037.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0038.JPG
    DSCN0038.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 141

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't know what she'll do with them but she likes them. Something else for me to trip over when I'm making a midnight run to the fridge.

Rick Doby

The customer is always right. Besides if mama is not happy you are in hot water. :rolf:

Nice job of cutting and joinery.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great!. I notice it doesn't look like they have bottoms. Do they rack or are they pretty stable?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My daughter would love someting like that....I too would trip over them :eusa_doh: I might have to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow your idea.
Dave:)

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Dennis,

They don't have a back because mama didn't want them. With the dovetails they are very stable. I think if I build any more I'll use rabbets and Miller dowels. A lot faster glue up and less clamps.

Rick Doby

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Rick,

The boxes look great. I'm not sure I need the boxes, but I do need an excuse to use the dovetail jig ( :-D ).

Ray

DavidF

New User
David
What would you do with them????? That's the sort of "Box" that the Tate Modern would display - maybe they are just that - Art... Nice job on the DT's hand cut or jig?

rbdoby

New User
Rick
What would you do with them????? That's the sort of "Box" that the Tate Modern would display - maybe they are just that - Art... Nice job on the DT's hand cut or jig?
David,

When my wife figures out what she's going to do with them I'll let you know. As long as she's happy I don't care.

I cheat. I used a Keller Dovetail Jig. Quick and simple for through dovetails.

Rick Doby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS