Logging Tongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Does anybody that is close to Mooresville have a set of logging tongs.I need the type that you rig a chain to and drag with a tractor.I'm trying to retrieve some large and very interesting sycamore logs and hate to see them get buried.And that will happen soon.

In the same area as the sycamore I found some very large hard maple that is pretty clear but should turn out real nice.If anybody wants some let me know.This stuff will yield maybe 3- 16 to 20 inch bowl blanks per chunk and I have 7 chunks so far.There is more but I ran out of gas moving them myself.:help:
Greg

Dragon

New User
David
Logs? Did somebody say something about logs? :banana: Like I've got room for more logs.:BangHead:
Don't have any tongs like you're needing but I'm sure somebody on here does.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
When I pulled logs from the woods with my tractor I didn't have tongs. I just used the chain wrapped around the end of the log closest to the tractor and the other end wrapped around the hitch bar on the tractor. I used the hydrolics on the tractor to raise the end of the log and just pulled them out. The other end or the log only dug in slightly while I was pulling, but not enough to mess up my path. (I have hooks on both ends of my chains).

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Wild thought for the day. Call Lanier Hardware in Lexington and see if they will rent a set.

I saw them for sale there from $200 - $ 450 depending on size.

We have some Tongs, Logging Arch and a winch, might could work something out...Call me tomorrow 828-994-7333 chris...

Plus we are in Iron Station right down the road...

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Greg,

Why would you want to go into the woods dressed like that? Aren't you afraid you might get a rash? Oh wait -"tongs" - never mind... :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors