local dehumidifier on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
dehumidifier

$50, in WF, thinking about it for myself, and the growing stack of wet/rough lumber in my shop, but I have already committed to buy a few other things, including AC for the shop and a few small, and large, pieces of equipment :)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
those commercial ones are pretty pricey and selling for a steep discount.. are they stolen?

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Pete, I have a similar sized unit that I bought a few years ago from a private party. It's a Kenmore and I paid $45 for it. The one you are looking at is probably a better value - don't procrastinate.

In the summer I run mine in the evenings and night after I close up for the day and it takes a lot of water out of the air. Wouldn't be without one.
Roy

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Those huge commercial ones would be pretty cool for somebody like jeff... who's planning on making a relatively large kiln.

I bought a 50 pt/day basement dehumidifier from sLowes a year ago and had it running in the basement/shop before the previous owners even moved out.
Up until about April, everything was cool. It took about a week to fill the 5 gallon bucket that I had it emptying into. Then as the temp/humidity started to rise, I got tired of emptying the 5 gallon bucket every day. I moved it over by our heat pump/AC unit and piped the dumidifier to empty into the condensate pump for the AC unit. It's got it's own little float switch that kicks on and pumps the water out. It's been running like that since.
My basement says about 70°/50% RH even on the hottest summer day. During the winter, it has been about 20-30% RH.
I'd highly recommend a dehumidifier to anyone with a basement shop. But make sure you buy one designed to operate at lower temperatures associated with a basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS