Lexan Lunch Bunch - Apex - Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
The **** crows at midnight. I picked up the Lexan and a little more stuff than I planned to get. :wsmile: The seller was incredibly nice. He is cleaning out his shop to make it back into a garage. He said he will email me his list of more tools and materials to post when he makes it.

Here is some additional material that I bought:

UHMW Poly - http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Molecular-Weight-Polyethylene-Sheet/dp/B000ILLNKC/ref=pd_sbs_indust_2

PETG (very flexible) - http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1UTT5?cm_mmc=Google Base-_-Raw Materials-_-Plastics-_-1UTT5

Here is a new list of available materials in addition to list #1:

(1) 3/8" LEXAN - 11" x 37" - $10
(5) 3/8" LEXAN - 1 7/8" x 37" - $1
(3) 1/4" LEXAN - 4" x 23" - $1
(1) 1/4" LEXAN - 6.5" x 23" - $3

(6) 1/8" PETG - 16" x 24" - $5
(2) 1/8" PETG - 6" x 24" - $1

(3) 1/2" UHMW - 11" x 36" - $10
(3) 1/2 UHMC - 6" x 24" - $3
(4) 3/4" UHMC scrap - $1

The condition of the LEXAN looks great. There were a few places on Gary's large piece where there were little tears in the protective film.

The UHMW material looks good, but has a little bend to it.

The protective film on the PETG is torn in some places. There are more pieces than I listed, but based on the torn film, I wanted to give people choices in which piece.

So - now we have to figure out where to eat on Friday - any suggestions?

I will post pictures later, but currently the children are starving for dinner.
To be continued ....

Amy

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Put me down for a seat at lunch, and I'll pick over whats not spoken for if anything.

I'll have to get out my map, Apex? Is that in South Dakota?

Jim

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Put me down for a seat. Is the big 3/8" Lexan sheet still available? I'd like to buy it for a router table top/plate if so.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Dang! Good stuff, great prices! I think Bas is going to get my stuff, and I'll have to work payment/pickup with him.

Add to my other list ... two (2) of the 1/2" UHMW - 11" x 36".

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I'll try to make it. Don't know that I need any lexan but the fellowship will, as always, be great. Reb Robin would work for me. Of couse, most any other place would also...I'm not picky.

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Dick and I would love to come but you picked the one Friday that we will be in Georgia on our way to visit our son and his wife, our grandaughter and great grandaughter DANG DANG DANG
rita

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Red Robin sounds good to me. Here are a couple of pictures of the materials:

sheet_goods.jpg

PETG.jpg

Steve, the largest piece of 3/8" Lexan remaining is the 11" x 37" piece for $10. Will that work for your application?

One thing I forgot to mention is that the seller said that the PETG is like plexiglass but it bends incredibly well. It would be good for any application where you needed the sheet goods to be bent.

Here is the updated list of available materials (assuming Steve wants the largest piece of lexan):

(5) 3/8" LEXAN - 1 7/8" x 37" - $1
(3) 1/4" LEXAN - 4" x 23" - $1
(1) 1/4" LEXAN - 6.5" x 23" - $3

(6) 1/8" PETG - 16" x 24" - $5
(2) 1/8" PETG - 6" x 24" - $1

(1) 1/2" UHMW - 11" x 36" - $10
(3) 1/2 UHMC - 6" x 24" - $3
(4) 3/4" UHMC scrap - $1

I can wait for the lunch. It is always a good time.

Amy

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Amy, the 11" x 37" piece would be perfect, I should be able to get 3-4 plates out of that. Thanks for making this available to all of us!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'll vote for Red Robin as well. Never been there. But I hear some NCWW'ers recommend it :) Thanks for doing the pickup Amy, really appreciate it.

M

McRabbet

In case you are interested, PETG is the material used in ClearVue Cyclones and can be solvent welded with MEK or Methylene Chloride or glued with CA. It can be cold formed (bent) to modest angles, but also can be heat formed easily to almost any shape with heat just above boiling water. It will not shatter even when struck with a hammer. It is easier to machine than Lexan because of its shatter resistance.

DavidF

New User
David
I would love to do lunch if I wouldn't be gate crashing the lexan lunch party:gar-La; Are we thinking Noon ish as usual????

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thankyou so much, Amy!!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Will see you all at the lunch on Friday.:wsmile::wsmile:

Lookin' forward to a day out with real great folks!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don't need any Lexan, but would like to attend the lunch.

Bob
This goes for everyone - you're welcome to attend the lunch regardless of whether you're buying any Lexan. If that's too confusing, pretend you're buying zero pieces instead.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I regret I won't be able to make it today. :-(

Somehow the flu found me and I'm wallowing in self pity and used kleenex.

I was signed up for Zero pieces, so hopefull no one will be impacted.

Sorry,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors