Leave of absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Hey All,
I'm sorry that I missed the picnic - I'm sure it was a great time! I drove to NY this weekend to surprise my mom for mother's day and to bring her the news of my upcoming plans...
On 6/12 I'm leaving for Iraq to serve as a civilian firefighter on a base for a year. I feel like it's something that I can do for our troops over there. The base fire departments over are severely understaffed right now to the point that the firefighters are working 16 hour days, 6 days a week.
It's not going to be easy by any means, but I really want to do this. My wife isn't crazy about it but she's incredibly understanding and supportive.
Once I'm there, I hope to be able to post periodic updates and - God willing - some pictures on North Carolina Woodworker.
I've asked Steve to remove me as a moderator since I'm sure that someone can definately do a better job than I've been doing and I'd hate to deprive anyone of that opportunity.
Thanks to all of you for all that you do with North Carolina Woodworker and keep up the good work! I can't even begin to explain how much I've learned from all of you! I'm sure that the site will experience years of health growth and I look forward to participating when I return!

-Chris

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Chris,

As a fellow Firefighter, I understand the call and wish you all the best and pray for your speedy return home to your family. God bless those who have put there support behind you no matter how much they wish it could be different. Thank you for giving all you have in support of those who seek freedom. God Bless and take care.
Terry:icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Chris,

We'll keep yo in our prayers here... and with a bit of luck... you'll find a woodworking shop over there. I wish you well and look forward to your safe return.

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
Good luck with your plans. That is a great deal of personal sacrifice, and I know your service will be appreciated.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris, that is a very admirable and selfless thing you are doing. I am honored to know you:notworthy I wish you the best of safety and hope you return soon....we'll leave the light on for you. Good luck.
Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Chris,
That is an awesome thing that you are doing and I wish you the best of luck and a safe return home.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Chris, you will certainly be missed here. On our Charlotte trip you talked about your passion for firefighting. Your decision reflects courage and caring. Stay safe :eusa_naug

We look forward to your return and hope you're able to check in with us occasionally.

Sapwood (who would still be circling Charlotte if Chris wasn't such an excellent navigator) :lol:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Chris,

Very courageous indeed! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I hope that the trip keeps you safe and well. I am very sure that the firefighters already there will appreciate your help and expertise.

Please play it safe and thankyou for your contribution!

Take Care!

Wayne

M

McRabbet

All of us are impressed with your selfless devotion to your fellow man -- good luck, stay safe and return home with the greatest pride a man can ever posess -- knowing he's done a service beyond most others. We look forward to hearing from you from time to time and will miss you while you're gone.

Rob

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Thank you for your sacrifice. I wish you a safe journey and wonderful experience. May you return to your home and family healthy and better for your journey. We certainly need more people like you.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Chris, thank you for your service to this great country. Best of luck and a speedy return.

cskipper

Cathy
Chris, that is so awesome! I truly admire your selflessness and patriotism. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for the sacrifices you will make during this time. Please ask your wife to update us as she can, and let us know if she needs something that we could help with. Be safe and keep in touch as you can.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Chris, Thank you for caring enough to go and serve. As Cathy said, please tell your wife we're here for her as well as you.
Barbara

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Good luck and stay safe. I'm sure your family is concerned about you but at the same time very proud. My God's angles keep you and our military safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS