Leaf ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Alright ... who can help me identify these young leaves?

I plucked two from some young "trees" and one from what might be a vine, or horizontal tree :no:

Any help is appreciated in ID'ing the plant they belong to is appreciated!

P1000046.JPG

P1000045.JPG

P1000044.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sasafrass, Redbud, and some sort of Maple (although I would need a little more research to be positive)

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Never mind the Maple, on re-reading your post you mentioned a vine. The third is probably Boston Ivy.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The second could be Catalpa if the leaf is very large, it's hard to tell the scale in your pics.

Len

New User
Len
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood when I was a kid. Everyone, including us non-Italians, had a grape arbor in their back yard. #3 is definately a grape of some sort.

A quick Google search shows there is a wild grape (generally considered a "weed", but can be tamed) native to NC, and two imports (Bunch Grapes and Muscadine) that occasionally go wild.

Len

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We have those wild grapes, and they are very good!! I also agree with the sassafras.

medic

New User
john
I would have to agree with DaveO , #1 is a sassafras, it should have dark-blue berries (depending on the size) #2 is an american redbud, it should have small flowers on april-may then seed pods later on #3 looks like a wild grape or a muscadine A sassafras has twigs that are aromatic is one way of telling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS