Laser engraved pens?? - anyone know where to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeach

New User
Mike
My Brother in law, owns his own company and saw one of the pens that I made and LOVED it. He wants to buy some for all his clients but wants to put their initials on the pen. Anyone know where to go, how to do this, or maybe someone on here has the equipment. Thanks

MIke

skeeter

New User
Charles
Mike, I don't know if this is something you want to try but if it works, it would be cheaper than lazer engraving. It is on the old decoupage concept. Sand the pen just smaller than the bushings and seal the blank. Print initials or name on paper and trim it down to size you want and glue to blank. Build up coats of CA to seal it and sand to get everything smooth. Like I said, I have not tried this, but I will for a project I will soon be working on. Here is a post that explains the process better than I did. http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48280&highlight=decoupage

wayne

New User
wayne
My Brother in law, owns his own company and saw one of the pens that I made and LOVED it. He wants to buy some for all his clients but wants to put their initials on the pen. Anyone know where to go, how to do this, or maybe someone on here has the equipment. Thanks

MIke

mike

We are in Mocksville and do laser engraving if your interested

Wayne

wayne

New User
wayne
Contact "wayne" a member in micksville. I have used him and his wife. They did a great job!

Doug

We appreciate the thumbs up on the job, We did'nt hear anything from you after sending them back and thought maybe you were'nt satisfied with the results.

Wayne

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Sorry, Wayne, I was remiss in letting you know. They were well received. I will call again when the need arises.

Thanx

Doug

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
A friend of mine, Don Schrecengost of Schrec's Prairie Woods in Colorado runs a Laser Etching business. He has made the laser etched rulers offered at the last two Shop Crawls.

P10100327.JPG

View image in gallery

He does lots of pens.

If you'd like his contact info, just send me a private message and I'll get it to you.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors