Large Walnut Bowl Blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
They guy I get my lumber from has a 36" in diameter Walnut tree that he doesn't know what to do with. He doesn't typically cut saw lumber just for turners but if I can get enough interest I may be able to talk him into cutting one section for bowl blanks. Any interest???

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's a long way to haul wood. Other than price and distance being obstacles I would be interested.

Maybe some closer to you will jump in.

MAybe need to take it to Scot Smith and get it quarter sawn.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Mike, may be able to meet you half way if you are interested. I'll see how much trouble it will be for him to get it up on his mill, should be fun.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I'd be interested...... in the 36" walnut log!

Sorry guys, couldn't resist!

Nate, if your guy has 8' or more of that log left over, I'd love to get it and mill it.

Let him know that you know someone who is always interested in acquiring oak logs between 30" - 72" diameter.

Thanks much.

SS

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
I went over to Pats today and looked at a couple of logs. We think we would like to start with a smaller 12" walnut log first. So the bowl blank would be 10"x10"x6". We're thinking of about $20. These will be square blanks as Pat doesn't have a bandsaw and we both have full time jobs. I will Anchorseal (original recipe) the end grains. Is anyone interested in these, we could do both traditional and natural edge blanks.

Also, while I'm thinking of it, I get no financial gain out of this. I'm trying to help out a buddy and get a source for bowl blanks for me.

Post here for those interested.

Thanks.

P.S. This vase is from the same section of log.
Walnut_HF_03.jpg

sawduster

New User
Robert
I went over to Pats today and looked at a couple of logs. We think we would like to start with a smaller 12" walnut log first. So the bowl blank would be 10"x10"x6". We're thinking of about $20. These will be square blanks as Pat doesn't have a bandsaw and we both have full time jobs. I will Anchorseal (original recipe) the end grains. Is anyone interested in these, we could do both traditional and natural edge blanks.

Also, while I'm thinking of it, I get no financial gain out of this. I'm trying to help out a buddy and get a source for bowl blanks for me.

Post here for those interested.

Thanks.

P.S. This vase is from the same section of log.
Walnut_HF_03.jpg

I'm still interested :icon_thum but we're gonna have to discuss further this lack of financial gain thing bro :eusa_naug :mrgreen:
My interest would be traditional and natural edge :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS