Large birch bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here is a birch burl bowl I turned this winter. It is the 2nd largest of 5, I cored out of the burl. It measeres around 15" in dia. by 7"+ high. It is turned thin for a bowl of it's size. It warped so bad drying that I had no choice but to make it thin to make it round again. It is very light in weight, less than the next one in the set of cored blanks. The largest bowl ot of the set warped so bad I had to take half it's height away to return it round.

Jack

100_0644-copy.jpg

100_0643-copy.jpg

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Nice looking bowl Jack. That size will hold a nice tossed salad...but it is to nice to do that. :)

M

McRabbet

Jeff... is about to succumb to the darker side and he's been fighting it for a long time. But the beauty of the turnings that flyrod444 and his kids has him out on one of those Death Star platforms dueling with Darth Vader... Hopeless it is, hopeless...

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jack great looking bowl. Are you coming to the picnic and bringing it for show and tell?

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks for the compliments everyone. This bowl is one of around 10 I got from the large birch burl, one of my students brought to me. Not being a turner he gave the whole thing to me. It weighed over 300 pounds. I can't make the picnic. It is so far for me to go and I work most weekends as a flyfishing guide. I have guided for the local Orvis shops more than 22 years now. It gives me some mad money to spend.
Thanks again,
Jack

sapwood

New User
Roger
. . . . It is so far for me to go and I work most weekends as a flyfishing guide. I have guided for the local Orvis shops more than 22 years now. It gives me some mad money to spend.
Thanks again,
Jack

Stunning work, Jack!
And you get paid to fish :week:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS