Kitchen Cart Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Thanks to Rick DiNardo for hooking me up with the white oak for the shelves and top, and the ash for the frame. Thanks also to Rick for giving me a big hand in getting the top flat.

35.5" H x 30.5" W x 26 3/4" D. Finish is 3 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer and Finish. Joinery is wood dowels and Titebond. The design is my own (for better or worse :rotflm:)

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

KC7CN

New User
Don
Thanks to Rick Dinardo for hooking me up with the whte oak for the shelves and top, and the ash for the frame. Thanks also to Rick for giving me a big hand in getting the top flat.

35.5" H x 30.5" W x 26 3/4" D. Finish is 3 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer and Finish. Joinery is wood dowels and Titebond. The design is my own (for better or worse :rotflm:)

Very nice Work! No doubt, this cart will get a lot of use.

Just curious, was there a reason you used Ash as opposed to Oak for the frame? I made nightstand using Oak as the primary wood, with Alder legs. It looks nice enough, but you can see the difference; I had a lot of Ash and Oak leftovers from another project!

-Don

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Just curious, was there a reason you used Ash as opposed to Oak for the frame? I made nightstand using Oak as the primary wood, with Alder legs. It looks nice enough, but you can see the difference; I had a lot of Ash and Oak leftovers from another project!

-Don

Looks great, and to your response to Rick DiNardo, He is a true sponsor to all members here. A friend in need finds a friend in indeed. You won't find a more kind friend than Rick. :eusa_pray:eusa_pray

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Thanks guys. I have the frame ready for a second cart, but I am wanting to do something different with the legs for that one. :eusa_thin :icon_scra

Don, I went with ash for the frame at the suggestion of Rick DiNardo. I popped down there on a Saturday hoping to pick up enough oak to do the whole shebang. Rick didn't have that much white oak on hand (I didn't call to check beforehand :eusa_doh:), and he suggested ash for the frames. Well, who am I to argue with someone who knows what he's doing?

KC7CN

New User
Don

-Don

Whoop! I meant to say "I had a lot of Alder and Oak leftovers from another project!"

KC7CN

New User
Don
Thanks guys. I have the frame ready for a second cart, but I am wanting to do something different with the legs for that one. :eusa_thin :icon_scra

Don, I went with ash for the frame at the suggestion of Rick DiNardo. I popped down there on a Saturday hoping to pick up enough oak to do the whole shebang. Rick didn't have that much white oak on hand (I didn't call to check beforehand :eusa_doh:), and he suggested ash for the frames. Well, who am I to argue with someone who knows what he's doing?

Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the feedback.

-Don

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nice work and a very nice finished piece that'll get lots of use. Don't you just love Waterlox for its appearance and simplicity of application? :icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS