KD BW / QSWO / QSRO / WBC forsale (QSRO reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Re: * updated* KD BW / QSWO forsale

Jeff -

may I please have 50 bf of QSWO ? thanks, ed

Gotcha - I'll add it to the first post of this thread. I'm going to close the QSWO leave a little BF room for cull.

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeff,
I,ll take whatever you have left on the QSWO up to 100 bd/ft and another 75 bd/ft of QSRO. Thank you. I'll be watching for the pick up details. The Harbor Freight parking lot on a Sat. or Sun. will be fine. Just let me know how much money to bring.

Jimmy Coull (twodognc)

J

jeff...

Jimmy, I'l go ahead and put you down for 75 BF of QSRO, but I want to save a little of the WO incase there is any cull. I'll be doing more QSWO in the near future so I can catch you then. As a matter of fact I'm working on a nother load for the kiln now, that will contain some QSWO.

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeff,

Sorry I missed out on the QSWO, I'll catch you the next time around. On the QSRO I asked for 75 bd/ft , could I up that order to 100 bd/ft instead?
Also, how do you contact everybody about the pickup and total cost ( I take it that taxes will be added to the final price)

Jimmy (twodognc)

J

jeff...

Jeff,

Sorry I missed out on the QSWO, I'll catch you the next time around. On the QSRO I asked for 75 bd/ft , could I up that order to 100 bd/ft instead?
Also, how do you contact everybody about the pickup and total cost ( I take it that taxes will be added to the final price)

Jimmy (twodognc)

Jimmy, yeah I have to charge [strike]the man' s[/strike] NC Sales tax, it's one of the pleasures of running a very small business :roll:. As for contacting everyone, I don't have a problem doing that, I'll send out a PM to everyone with their total.

I had a sneaking suspicion I should QS more WO than I did. I'll make sure I cut some more for the next run, I really appreciate your understanding. I'll update the first post in this thread with your new QSRO quantity and add in 100 BF of QSWO to the next KD lumber run in this thread.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9652

Thanks again

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeff,

Thanks for the update to 100 bd/ft, and I'm definitely in for 100 bd/ft of QSWO on the next batch you kiln dry, Thank you once again.

Jimmy (twodognc)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Re: KD BW / QSWO forsale

Winston, I don't know if Jeff has any 8/4 KD in stock, but we can't mix 4/4 and 8/4 in the same kiln load.

4/4 has a maximum safe daily moisture content reduction rate of 3%, and 8/4 is about 1.2%.

Regards,

Scott

and claro has about .000000025% a day.. :D

J

jeff...

Scott wired this load before it went into the kiln (I saw him drilling holes in some of the lumber) He strategically placed wires in 4 boards for maximum impact - I think there may be a plunger on the other side. See if he gets fed up trying to dry this load, he simply puses down the plunger and BAM problem solved :lol:

P10100142.JPG

P10100152.JPG

P10100253.JPG

Thanks

J

jeff...

Re: * updated* KD BW / QSWO forsale

The wood should be ready for delivery either the weekend of August 11, or the weekend of August 18. I'll be able to provide a more definitive answer a week or two into the drying process.

Scott

Scott we still on target to be dry on 08/11 or 08/18?

Thanks

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Yes. I'll know more about how it's drying towards the end of next week, and will update you then.

Scott

J

jeff...

Thought I would let you all know there is still 350 BF of kiln dried 4/4 quarter sawn red oak available in this run.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff, if it will be available around early to mid August, I would like 30-35 BF of the QSRO. I have a commisioned project that I could use it for....although QS stock is nicer than they expect, the price and timing is right.

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Thanks Dave, I'm sure you'll pick out some pretty RO boards. I'll add yours to the first post of this thread.

Thanks again

J

jeff...

FYI - I got an update email from Scott last night - the load is coming along good. The oak is in the 30% MC range and drying a little quicker than 3% a day and the BW is 40% MC range around 2% a day. Scott increased the RH to slow the drying down a bit. Anyways looks like we're at least going to be Aug 18th and maybe the week after for pickup, since the 8/4 BW is the slowest dryer. Most drying defect occurs above 25% that's why Scott is going good and easy right now and has backed off a little. Scott will know more about when the load will be ready after the load gets below 25% MC. He may be able to pick up the speed a little bit then.

I've learned just let the kilnsman do his thing, Scott does an grade A job running his kiln, like a fine wine, it just takes time.

Thanks

gator

George
Corporate Member
My commission backed out on me. I can free up approx 10bf of the 8/4 walnut if anyone wants it. If not, I will still take it to uphold my end of the bargin.

George

J

jeff...

My commission backed out on me. I can free up approx 10bf of the 8/4 walnut if anyone wants it. If not, I will still take it to uphold my end of the bargin.

George

No worries George and thanks for letting me know. I received a PM from snoshoehare asking if I had 10 BF left over, so I'll bump it to him if he still wants it.

Thanks

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Jeff,

Thanks for the opportunity on the black walnut. Please put me down for the 10 bf. Thanks.

tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS