Jumping on the bandwagon... Tongue drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I got to see Dave's again last weekend, and decided I had to make one for my kids. Today is the first day they got to play it. My wife said, "They beat on that dang thing all day long, then they took it to the neighbors and there was 4 of them beating on it." It's a hit.. no pun intended. It sports a bubinga top and curly maple box.

t_drum.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know if it sounds like mine, but it sure does look better. Clay you've upped the bar with your figured stock...that's a sharp drum. You got that done fast 8-O
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Are you the first to try making one with something other than Pauduk?

Don't know about that, but I talked to Dave about it, he thought that any dense hardwood would do the job. I had the bubinga and maple from another project left over, so I thought I'd try. It sounds really good.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
What age group is finding these drums to be so much fun? I am sure my 2 y.o. daughter would enjoy bothering mommy with one of these, would my 4 y.o. nephews get the same level of enjoyment out of one???

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice job Clay :icon_thum I think the highly figured maple is out standing. I think you guys should start a band :rolf: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice job Clay :icon_thum I highly figured maple is out standing. I think you guys should start a band :rolf: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, Tongue Drum Roll please for the Wood Combo :lol:

Really nice looking Clay :icon_thum

Roger

clowman

Clay Lowman
What age group is finding these drums to be so much fun?

My 18 month old pitches a fit when we make him stop, he loves it. My 4 1/2 year old likes to beat on it too, not to the extent of the younger one, but he definately loves it.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looking good ...

We better make some other instruments for our newly found "band" that WOOD magazine and DAVEO started! :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeremy, I have to give credit to this musical craze to Bladeburner, he made the first couple on the site and offered the first sound clip...which I still haven't been able to do, easily :eusa_doh:
But like Pet Rocks and Mood Rings, this could get big and it's good to be in on the ground floor :lol: :lol:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I would really like to try one of these. Where can I find dimensions for the keys so the pitch will be close?

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The plan that most folks have been working from is in the Oct. issue of Wood mag. It has a full size pattern of the "tongue" cut out and the rest of the dimensions. If you can't find the issue, let me know by PM and I'll let you have mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS