Jewelry Box Finished Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have completed the jewelry box. The box is padauk with lacewood drawer fronts and rear panel, wenge legs and pulls. A bunch of coats of Deft aerosol gloss lacquer.

I will make dividers for a few more drawers but LOML has demanded I move it to its home! :lol: :lol:

My photography skills are not very good but I attempted to show the gloss finish, pretty grain and the figure on the lacewood, as well as a shot in its final resting place atop our cherry Shaker dresser. I believe it was as proportionally more time consuming to complete this small box than the 7 drawer dresser! I have a great deal of respect for the box makers now.

Chuck

Attachments

• finished jewelry box 017 Small.jpg
    finished jewelry box 017 Small.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 240
  • finished jewelry box 020 Small.jpg
    finished jewelry box 020 Small.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 228
  • finished jewelry box 021 Small.jpg
    finished jewelry box 021 Small.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 253
  • finished jewelry box 008 Small.jpg
    finished jewelry box 008 Small.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 240

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The proportions and finish are excellent, Chuck!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap (The first thing that came to mind is that it looks like a chest of drawers for clothing ........only in miniature!!:eusa_danc )

That lacewood should does look mighty nice!

Great work! I can certainly see why she was anxious to get into the house and to a permanent home!

Wayne

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Very nicely done, Chuck. I like the clean appearance and contrasting woods. How about an attaboy!!!:icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Even more beautiful with the finish on it. The lacquer really brings out the figure in the Lacewood.
Seeing as no one has said it yet.....Now you have to fill it 8-O :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Really nice work. I had to wait for LOML to leave the room to make sure she didn't see it or all I would be hearing is I want one just like it. Then for the next 3 years i need this to fill that drawer and this ring would be perfect.

I do like the contrasting wood it really makes the grain pop.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
DaveO said:
Even more beautiful with the finish on it. The lacquer really brings out the figure in the Lacewood.
Seeing as no one has said it yet.....Now you have to fill it 8-O :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

I told her it IS filled...with all my love!! Then she laughed out loud and said "You WISH" ...I don't think I won that one. :lol: :lol:

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Chuck,

Dazzling figure in that lacewood. Great job on the chest. I am gonna have to try some contrasting woods in a project. Looks like that MM is getting a workout resawing the expensive stuff. Like the miter keys also, adds a nice touch. Tell me it ain't so though. You just got a new HVLP and you used can spray. Shame Shame Shame as Gomer would say. :rolf:

Mike

cpowell

New User
Chuck
mshel said:
Chuck,

Dazzling figure in that lacewood. Great job on the chest. I am gonna have to try some contrasting woods in a project. Looks like that MM is getting a workout resawing the expensive stuff. Like the miter keys also, adds a nice touch. Tell me it ain't so though. You just got a new HVLP and you used can spray. Shame Shame Shame as Gomer would say. :rolf:

Mike

Tough crowd here. ;-)

Excuse list:
1. I didn't get the sprayer until Dad's day. I was ready to finish somewhere around last Thursday or Friday.
2. I had been slated to go to Africa (work trip) on this coming Friday for three weeks and LOML wanted the box now.

Shoulda/coulda...The Africa trip was postponed today. Looks like late August or so. Soooo...I coulda used the new sprayer.

Now I gotta do another project to prove out the HVLP. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Most importantly, Mike, I was waiting for you to work out the kinks on your new sprayer out so I could swing by your shop and get lessons!! :icon_thum

Chuck

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Most importantly, Mike, I was waiting for you to work out the kinks on your new sprayer out so I could swing by your shop and get lessons!! :icon_thum

Chuck[/quote]

Heck, I haven't even taken mine out of the box other than to just give it the once over. Been too busy to do much experimenting. I do plan to fire it up this week though if to do nothing else except just practice with some water. Need to get the hang of it b4 I go spraying finishes. BTW Chuck, I was just yankin your chain. :rolf:

Mike

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Beautiful job on the box Chuck.:icon_thum I really like the combination of woods you chose for it. The finish you applied looks superb and really makes the grain pop out.

D L

M

McRabbet

Superb craftsmanship and excellent finish to a project that LOYL will treasure for many years -- good trade for approval given on the MM! Very nicely done...

Rob

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Beautiful job on the project and I agree with your decision to hold off on the new toy until you gain some practice. Spraying takes a little time and adjusting to get right and cardboard boxes are far more forgiving than beautiful figured woods.

T

toolferone

It is a beautiful box Chuck. The bar was been raised another notch. The picture with the reflection in the mirror is great. Most people don't give much thought to the back, but that picture shows why you should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS