Robert

New User
Robert
Not mine, but looks like a nice setup.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/1629121351.html

14" JET BANDSAW - $650 (W. ASHEVILLE)

Date: 2010-03-04, 9:33PM EST
Reply to: see below

MODEL NUMBER JWBS-14CS HAS KREG FENCE AND CARTER BALL BEARING GUIDES. 2 YEARS OLD BUT USED VERY LITTLE, IN GREAT SHAPE. GIVE ME A CALL AT 828-772-0495

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nd3m33o45Of5T45P0a348f0baad503451ac9.jpg
3p53oa3l95O75Pb5R0a34b34cae3fc1601641.jpg
3ma3p33l45Oa5P15R8a340aeac08730b813d7.jpg

PostingID: 1629121351

pslamp32

New User
Peter
I actually contacted that guy about the saw. If it's the same as this it didn't seem like such a great deal. The Amazon saw was $599 with free shipping. Also, I was thinking I might want something with more resaw capacity. Can you put the Grizzly riser on these Jets? Maybe I'm off base here, i am looking for a bandsaw. Is this a good deal?

pslamp32

New User
Peter
I actually contacted that guy about the saw. If it's the same as this it didn't seem like such a great deal. The Amazon saw was $599 with free shipping. Also, I was thinking I might want something with more resaw capacity. Can you put the Grizzly riser on these Jets? Maybe I'm off base here, i am looking for a bandsaw. Is this a good deal?

Robert

New User
Robert
If it was just the saw, not a great deal. But, te kreg fence will set you back another $100+ and the Carter guides look to be another $160 maybe. So the package is worth considering. The only thing I would be hesitant on is the hp...only 1. Ok for most, depending on what you plan to use the saw for primarily.

For the occasional tough wood or resaw, a good quality sharp blade will help.

Jet does make a riser, but I don't know if the grizzly will fit it.

Maybe someone else can better advise you that has one.

Robert

pslamp32

New User
Peter
I keep waiting to pull the trigger. I know i want to upgrade my old BS but can't decide what to do. I feel like i should get something that resaws up to ~12" just in case I ever need that capacity. Heck I'm not even totally sure what I'll use the bandsaw for. I just know I want one. Does that mean I have a problem?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
pslamp32 Re: Jet 14" bandsaw
I keep waiting to pull the trigger. I know i want to upgrade my old bandsaw but can't decide what to do. I feel like i should get something that resaws up to ~12" just in case I ever need that capacity. Heck I'm not even totally sure what I'll use the bandsaw for. I just know I want one. Does that mean I have a problem?
Yep! Sounds like a full blown case of WGD! :wink_smil

sapwood

New User
Roger
The Powermatic Riser will fit. Only difference is the color. However, if you really want to resaw 10-12" boards I encourage looking for models that have a solid frame rather than a riser.

Roger

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Anybody have any opinions about the Rikon 14" with 12+" resaw? Looks like alot of saw for the money...

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Peter,

1st, Welcome back. As regards the Rikon BS, I have the 10-325 14" Deluxe and am totally happy w/it. I'm right here in Asheville if you want to come on over and test drive it your welcome...just shoot me a PM.

Dan C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS