Jelly Cabinet: pine scraps used

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
DSC05933.JPG

Here is a shaker style cabinet I have made before. Its a nice size for moving around and its light weight. All of the shelves are joined scraps and planed to 3/4" so you can get rid of stuff in the box. The molding around the top is just simple cove and bead stuff from the bits I have around.

Finish is common red deck stain/paint from HD with a wash coat of black milk paint thinned down so you can see thru the black to the red. Final coat of blonde shellac(no wax).

No complex joinery in the case. The door is straight mortise and tenon joinery. Full tenons for strength as the door sticking is only 5/8" thick for light feel.

If you want to see more photos, check the Photo Gallery: danmart77/jelly cabinet.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful piece, Dan. I think the finish and the unique crown molding really distinguish it. :icon_thum

Bill

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice work Dan. :icon_thum Thanks for sharing all the pictures, were the tenons pinned ? :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice piece there, Dan!

Clearly has a very nice understated elegance:eusa_danc. I sure do like the way your finishing techniques turned plain 'ol pine into a rich looking mahogany!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wish I could say that I could build something like this from my scrap pile!:embaresseWell done!

Wayne

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Awesome looking piece and nice way to use up some scraps.

Red

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice looking piece. Fantastic use of 'scrap'!
One of several posts lately that makes me rethink my definition of scrap.
Less is certainly more at times imo.
Its not so plain you'd pass it and not over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS