I've Been "Playing" in the Scrap Pile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have been in the scrap pile today, this box is built from Six different woods. Cypress from Jack Leg, Cedar I Bought, Walnut that was given to me, Ash that I bought, Maple that was given to me, And Sapele From Woodman2k," (That was given to me also) it is the turned knob" 1/4 ash ply bottom that I purchased from the hardwood store of NC. I had fun piecing it together from the scrap pile. Finish is blo, ms, poly, and johnsons paste wax. I hate to throw any wood away and do everything in my power to salvage all I can. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good looking box, Tracy. Were'd you get the joint setup? It looks like a system they were selling at the WW show in CLT this spring. Not your typical dovetail there........

TracyP

Tracy
Likewise, it was "GREAT" to put a face with the name. And thank you for relaying the router fence from badabing!!!!!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Outstanding bro :icon_thum

....proving once again that there really is no such thing as " scraps " :gar-La;

Man I wish I could build !! :BangHead:

J

jeff...

Is there really such a thing as a scrape piece of wood? Nice box man - I'm digging those corner joints

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Tracey, you done good, man! Wish I had some of those skills.

:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet looking box Tracy. I looks like you are merging the dark side with the flat side well. I too am diggin' your corner joints. They remind me of the Isoloc templates for the Leigh jig that I can't afford.

Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
Good looking box, Tracy. Were'd you get the joint setup? It looks like a system they were selling at the WW show in CLT this spring. Not your typical dovetail there........

You hit the nail on the head, it is the Router Joint System from Woodline.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Looks nice, Tracy. I also like the contrasting woods.

It was nice meeting you on Saturday as well!

Cheers,

:kermit: Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS