It's Good Will Lathe time again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Marco's (Vanilla Gorilla) time with the Good Will Lathe (GWL) is up. It's time to gather a new list of nominees. Unfortunately the list of nominees from the last go around has been lost. But it was pretty irrelevant now, as many of the members on that list have already succumb to the Dark Side on their own accord.
For the newer members who might not know what the GWL is, I offer a brief synapsis -

About 3 years ago the then current membership of NCWW gathered their monies together and purchased Steve Coles (founder and President of NCWW) a Rikon midi lathe and various other turning accessories, as a gift of appreciation for all he did/does for this site/community. In Steve's typical fashion he had to upgrade. And in Steve's typical fashion he knew that he just couldn't get rid of the lathe. So he decided to donate it back to the membership to use. But the lathe wasn't enough as many turners will tell you. There are many other things that are needed. So through the generosity of several members and Woodcraft those things were supplied.
Now the GWL lathe package includes:

Rikon midi lathe (12" swing)w/ bed extension and stand
OneWay Talon Chuck
A full set of turning tools
8" slow speed grinder
OneWay Wolverine sharpening jig w/ Varigrind and Skew sharpening jigs

Basically eveything needed for turning except the talent.

The goal and purpose of the GWL is to give members a chance at trying woodturning without having to dump a lot of money into it and possibly finding out that they don't like it. The lathe and accesories are passed around every three months (or as often as we remember to do it:embaresse) to nominated members.

So it's time for nominations. You may nominate yourself or someone else who you think would enjoy this opportunity. The Staff will make the final choice from the list of nominees based on desire, length of membership on the site and activity level.

Thanks for everyone's help :icon_thum
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
To get this started I nominate Jeff :gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Dave(duckin' and runnin'):)

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
+1 Mr. Mills!!!:gar-La; He needs to turn some feet for that there bookcase he is doing anyhow!!!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
To get this started I nominate Jeff :gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Dave(duckin' and runnin'):)

+1:rotflm: also nominate sawduster! he'll bite on anything!:rotflm: c'mon big boy you know you wanna!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll throw another nomination into the hat - Kevin (rcflyer33). I know he has wanted to try turning on a larger scale than what can be done on his mini lathe.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'll throw another nomination into the hat - Kevin (rcflyer33). I know he has wanted to try turning on a larger scale than what can be done on his mini lathe.

Whoa! Thanks Dave. Yeah I am pretty much tapped out on the mini and would love to get into some bowls, etc. I appreciate the nomination. I will say however if there is someone who is wanting to learn to turn please put them ahead of me as it is more important to bring others to the darkside than to expand my talents at this time. :gar-Bi

However I would be glad to give that Lathe a good home.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Is there a way that we can make Jeff turn something on the lathe before it goes to someone else? :rotflm:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
wow Jeff, I am in awe. Speechless...
who knew???
No nominations. I know whomever gets it will be deserving.
Just the same thought I keep having-
this site, the people, and the intentions here are incredible!
Thanks for letting me play~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS