It's Finally Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I finally got to pick up my new lathe.A Jet 16/42 , 2 hp in a nice shade of White.I sold my Woodfast back in late September and had this sitting at Klingspor since the October Woodworking Show.Between working 7 days a week and the total collapse of 4 major appliances in early November that wiped out the tool fund,well here it is.It's not wired yet so a trip to Lowes is in order ,but it will be spinning things tomorrow.
Greg
IMG_08251.JPG

View image in gallery

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
:frown3qg: Very nice score, but I'm absolutely jealous. I was looking at the one at the Hickory store--I got booted out for getting drool all over it. Beautiful toy--er, machine. Anxious to hear your first reactions to using it.:tongue2:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, glad you ship finally came in. They were using one of those at the Klingspor show in Hickory and it was one sweet machine. It is on my dream list.

YOU ROCK!!!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
NICE score Greg! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc That's gotta feel good after all of the appliances going down and all of your hard work. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! I hope you are taking a well deservered lomg weekend and get knee deep in shavings. :)

bwat

New User
Bill
Happy to see this has found its new home:icon_thum I know you have been planning this for a while. So, what - new lathe, new tablesaw, new shop...looking forward to a tour!

Happy New Year, Enjoy!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I finally got to pick up my new lathe.A Jet 16/42 , 2 hp in a nice shade of White.I sold my Woodfast back in late September and had this sitting at Klingspor since the October Woodworking Show.Between working 7 days a week and the total collapse of 4 major appliances in early November that wiped out the tool fund,well here it is.It's not wired yet so a trip to Lowes is in order ,but it will be spinning things tomorrow.
Greg

Very Nice Score! It looks real good next to all that nice wood and that clean, clean floor.

And it also sounds like you had a bad year or month like I did with all those appliances going bad on you. Very Sorry to hear it.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WTG now get er up an spinnin :gar-Bi Sorry to here about the appliances goin out on ya.Hope your New Year goes much,much better for you. :icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have the same Lathe, bought from Klingspor (Raleigh). Congrats! You will love it! and the variable speed is awesome!

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Great looking lathe. According to what I've read on other site's, Jet isn't offering the 1642 in 2hp any more so that makes your lathe even better. It should hold it's value for years to come.
Happy New Year,
Jack

sawduster

New User
Robert
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!

[PIE]YOU ROCK !![/PIE] :icon_thum :icon_thum :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :icon_thum :tool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS