It’s finally completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrollski

New User
Jim
I started working on this clock on and off since December 29, 2007. The clock is made out of Hackle berry. A friend gave me 20, 16 foot strips he found in his grandfathers Virginia barn. He thinks the wood was in the barn for over 30 years. The trim is from mahogany flooring. I resawed it down to 1/8 inch. The dimensions of the clock are 14 1/2 inches deep by 28 1/2 inches wide by 44 1/2 inches tall. The clock has 70 framed windows, 4 doors, 10 spires and the center dome.

shopiere_11.JPG

View image in gallery
shopiere_6.JPG

View image in gallery

thanks,
Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
OMG, That is truly amazing. I bow to your skill and patience. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Holy crap!!!!! I would have lost interest 6 months into it, I could never have an on-going project for 2 years. You scroll-sawers must be able to find that Zen moment to be able to focus on something so long.

Dave:)

mockymock

New User
Mark
holy cow! that is beautiful!! :notworthy:

did you employ Santa's elves during the summer months! :gar-La;

Mark.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
holy moly scrollski!. that's sweet.:icon_thum How did you keep interest that long?:dontknow: I have to move stuff quick befor I drop or spill sumpin on it......:rotflm:

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Holly sheep dip Batman!!!:elvis: I was complaining about a 150 cut master I started last year. You are truley amazinz way cool man
Thanks Mark

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Awsome!!!! Incredible!!! My hats off to you Scrollski. Before I could start a project like that, I'd have to have a thorough physical to determine if I could live long enough to finish it. That is a real work of art.:eek:ccasion1

cskipper

Cathy
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: That is absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted to make one of these someday, just to say I did. Is it the kind of thing you can work on in sections and do other things in between? You should be very proud - it's amazing!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
As a harpsichord maker, I'm used to projects taking up to 9 months to build. This, however, is a testament to your skill and patience. Congrats on a beautifully executed piece of art.

Ernie

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW! That is a great piece Jim - You really did a great job with it:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, the details are amazing, from the window frames to the decoration around the clock...beautiful work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS