Interest in a Maloof Occasional Chair Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Anyone interested in making one of these?

mahogocchairtour2_small.jpg

Some of the rocker students have been asking about this chair as well and when I started to think about it we could do this chair in a much shorter period of time than the 6 days required for a rocker. This chair could be completed in 3 days of class for none rocker students (2 days for them). Basically the way it would work is we would complete the bulk of the chair in two days and the last day for non rocker people would cover shaping (seat, arms, intersections, etc...)

I think I already have two for a potetial class in August. Anyone think they'd be interested?

Thanks,

John

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
John,

I'd be very interested. That is a great chair!!

Will this be a weekend class? I am also a bloody amateur when it comes to actual use of hand tools. Used to work in a cabinet shop (eons ago, though) where most of the work was done with machinery.
Is there anything I could do to prepare?

Thanks
Bernhard

woodguy1975

New User
John
It will be a Saturday/Sunday class with an extra Saturday follow up. There will be materials that you will need to prep all 8/4 mahogany or walnut. About 25-30 bdft is required. The cost of the class will be $250. Dates will be set sometime next month when I prepare the Aug-Oct schedule.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors