Incredible !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Incredible is right:icon_thum - Man I have trouble with my two hands on the cutting tools - I would hate to see what would happen if I tried it his way:no:

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing, a great reminder that it's the skill of the carpenter, not the quality of the hammer.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Well, that just makes me want to burn down my shop. Talk about humbling! Thanks for sharing this.

Matt

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's incredible! :eusa_clap I can just see Roy Underhill trying that! He'd need a box of BandAid's and probably lose a finger!! :tinysmile_tongue_t:LOL!

Show's what CAN be done without electricity and modern conveniences. How much we take for granted!!
:wsmile:

Elmojo

New User
Mike
I'm with Trent, that has to be the sharpest skew I've ever seen!
Did you notice how long the bevel was? It's more like an end knife than a chisel.
Is anyone able to identify the wood? The grain almost looks like olive, but it cuts like basswood, or maybe that's just how sharp that skew is. :notworthy:

4yanks

New User
Willie
I have been turning for over 10 years. I have not come close to mastering a skew. All I can do well with it is cut pommels and v notches. Mine is a premium brand in HSS that I use on a modern 2hp EVS 220v lathe! That guy makes me ashamed of myself.

Dragon

New User
David
That's incredible! :eusa_clap I can just see Roy Underhill trying that! He'd need a box of BandAid's and probably lose a finger!! :tinysmile_tongue_t:LOL!

Show's what CAN be done without electricity and modern conveniences. How much we take for granted!!
:wsmile:

Right on! The most expensive tools and the fanciest shop environment do not a woodcrafter make. If you don't have the moxies to do it, 10 Grand in tools ain't gonna make it happen. That guy is simply amazing and his skill is admirable. Wish I was that good.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I didn't see any measurement markings on his blank. I wonder if he measures in "feet and digits".:rotflm:

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS