In search of somewhat obscure part for my lil lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Long shot here... but I've got a Delta LA-200 Midi lathe that's been performing flawlessly for me for several years now. That is... until I loaned it out. It was transported a little carelessly and somehow the tail spindle screw got bent. Wondered why all of a sudden I had an issue cranking the hand wheel and when I pulled it apart the issue was plain to see. Unfortunately this part has been discontinued and I can't find it anywhere.

So... anyone have an LA200 or Delta 46-250 that's in a "parts" condition? OR alternatively... anyone know if other tail stocks work on this without having to account for the various tolerances of height, etc. Don't really want to think about machining something to fit such an inexpensive machine.

ehpoole

Ethan
I've ordered parts from eraplacementparts.com before. The only issue I ever had was one mislabled (and incorrect) part. They promptly shipped the correct part without question once I reported the error by email.

Thus far, I would not hesitate to use them again. Actually, I will be using them shortly to oder a replacement speed controller for my Bosch Colt Palmrouter.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
First place I checked actually... I'm pretty good at sourcing stuff but this one was discontinued. Guess I should have mentioned that. :) Even called Sears as they had the part number listed as well. Thus far I've been unable to find it at any place listing the part number.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
A picture with the damaged parts would be helpful. My gues would to be set up a search on EBAy and hope you get lucky. Have you tried to straighten out the screw? Depending on where that bend is, that might be real doable. Have a friend who is a machinest? Maybe get them to make a new one? Take it to the local community college and see if someone there could help you?

Just thinking out loud.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Not exactly a normal screw... But I suppose it MAY be possible to straighten out. I've searched all the normal avenues and a few not so normal and came here when I drew a blank hoping someone might have one of these older Midi lathes laying around.

Picture attached now for reference. :)

T

toolferone

When I was in machinist school (long time ago) We often had small side jobs the teacher gave us as real world learning. I think there was little to no money needed. You might look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS