I want to know your dream projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
When I moved 400 miles to my current house I was unable to bring a lot of furniture and the plan was to make replacement pieces. 3 years later and I am still working on the shop. :BangHead: . The first piece I wish to make is a bed with a HEADBOARD !!! this business of the pillows crashing into the venetian blinds is getting really old. :rotflm:Fortunately I live alone so the expletives uttered in the wee hours of the morning do not disturb anyone else. :wsmile:

BSHuff

New User
Brian
My goal, is to not have any RTA furniture in my house. Ideally everything non upholstered would be custom/small production made. Not necessarily to say that I made it, but not off of production line.

T

toolferone

1. A teardrop trailer(even bought the trailer) love camping and thought it would be a great exercise to better my skills. Cabinetry and such in the rear of the trailer.

I so want to build one of these too. I spend lots of time on a teardrop forum reading and learning. I have started somedrawings too. They are the coolest little campers. I was hoping to weld up my own trailer too. (if you ever start one please contact me)

I also want to build a wooden strip canoe.

GREAT thread BTW!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
A shop , a real shop with room for power tools and wood that stands on end and benches to build things that can actually stay there while i am working on them and dust collection through the floor, enough outlets so I never have to use a drop cord. lots of windows ......

oh, wait , this is a dream right ?

...Charlie's shop then :gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Someday I would like to design and build an all wood clock.

I keep thinking about some natural wood chairs, limbs and twigs and natural edge slabs.

I need a tool cabinet/ tool box. I like the old Gerstner oak tool chest, but need something much larger.

Someday I'd like to make a set of infill hand planes.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Tom,

I will let you know. My life changed dramatically about 2 months after I bought the trailer to start the Teardrop project. Been crazy ever since. (good crazy)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I've always had a hard time with questions like these. :icon_scra

"What would you do if you had a bunch of money?"

Probably the same thing I'm doing right now. :dontknow:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Happy. :gar-Bi

"What's your dream car?"

A slightly used truck that I got a good deal on and can haul things with.

Ok, ok, I'll answer the question. :gar-La;

My dream project.... :eusa_thin

I would like to own a house with a shop. I'd like to design and build every piece of furniture that went into the house, as well as remodel the entire house inside and out in a style that is unique to my wife and I. Sorry, there are way too many projects to pick just one. :rolleyes:

ehpoole

Ethan
Someday I would like to design and build an all wood clock.

A grandfather clock, and perhaps a mantel or wall-hung clock or two. I have always loved older clocks with mechanical clockworks and moon dials -- grandfather clocks above all.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
A bedroom set - bed, dresser, night stands. Something I'll still be proud of in 20 years.

I think that is a good goal. First, someday I would actually like to "finish" my shop.

The more I build the better I get, and the worse the things I built a few years ago look. I would like to build something I know will last and look as well made then as when I built it. I still have a few bedrooms of hand-me-down and "This End Up/Cargo" furniture to replace. Not that I could ever be a Tommy Mac but would like to try to build some of that stuff (even if I had to sell or give it away because it is not the style my wife likes. My original plan when we moved down here was to go bedroom by bedroom and build new furniture- a Shaker room, an Arts & Crafts room, a Colonial room(?), etc. Of course I would need to get rid of the bed I just finished (almost) because it is not in any particular style:dontknow:

IMG_3253.jpg

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
1. Finally "finish" my shop - Mark I started my build in 2005 and finished the structure in late '07 (built mostly myself and on nights/weekends!) - and I'm STILL trying to get organized and put stuff away - and throw away the bits I'm sure I will never need (Yeah, right :nah:). Yours is coming along quite nicely!

2. A china cabinet for LOML which will match an older (antique??) marble top buffet she has which belonged to her mother and who else before that. It's a beautiful piece with figured maple book matched door and drawer fronts.

After that, who knows. I tend to like to do things that are meant to be for other people. I was taught young that gifts are not things we buy in a store, but items which represent and carry a piece of our souls to the recipient and I guess that's part of why I enjoy woodworking so much. I hope that doesn't sound too terribly sappy :embaresse.

C.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Huh, I thought I'd already posted on this?:icon_scra

Dream projects:

Grandfather clock
Chippendale chair
Block front chest
Strip kayak

The first 3 were supposed to be this years projects, but life got in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS