I want to know your dream projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
What are your dream projects??? projects you want to do and have never had the time or projects that are just not in your scope right now. I have one I haven't had the time for and the other just don't have a reason.

1. A teardrop trailer(even bought the trailer) love camping and thought it would be a great exercise to better my skills. Cabinetry and such in the rear of the trailer.

2. I have an overwhelming desire to build a 16 x 20 cabin. Been sketching it on paper for 20 some years. Just don't have land to build it.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Build a Mahogany runabout with an inboard motor.

white_cap_masked_small.jpg

cpw

New User
Charles
Right now I dream of just finishing my shop space so I can get set up to make something - anything.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
A couple o things come to mind, A small boat to handle a 9.9 outboard, a gun cabinet that is completely done in wildlife fretwork and under glass for cleaning purposes and a coffee table made in the similar fashion. Steve

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
A bedroom set - bed, dresser, night stands. Something I'll still be proud of in 20 years.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
At This point, Any woodworking project. I did use the KAPEX to cut some plywood to the exact sizes needed for my loml to attach her hall passes to:swoon:. Rounded the edges so they are School Safe:wwink::wwink:. Kids can't stick the hall passes in their pockets now:nah::nah:.

dlrion

New User
Dan
1. A Clayton Boyer Clock that WORKS:qright5:

2. A Grandfather Clock ... Full Blown Big tall chimes and pendulum, mechanical not electrical.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd like to make an under bed drawer set for my 2 children. They're both grown but my daughter could use the storage more.
I'd also like to make a half hexagon TV stand for my TV.

ehpoole

Ethan
My greatest dream project, presently, would be building my dream (standalone) workshop -- by far.

The more practical dream, presently, like Bas, is to build myself a complete Craftsman-style bedroom set for myself. This would include a double(size)-bed frame with head-and-foot board, storage underneath, night stand, dresser, and perhaps some shelving to boot.
Of course there is a benefit to being single -- only I have to like it! :rotflm:

I recently bought a mortiser. Once I finish building a workstation for it so that I can get it off my workbench, I will begin practicing my mortise and tenon techniques, which is the first step to eventually building the bedroom set.

I wish everyone else the best of luck on their dream projects as well.:icon_thum

eyekode

New User
Salem
Chairs are on my list: Maloof style rocker. Continuous arm Windsor chair. Stickley/Morris chair. Completely different styles. I would like to compete one of each.
Salem

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I would like to build an archtop guitar. The wooden boat has also been something I considered - but probably something less than the mahogany runabout.

For now, I need to work on getting a completed shop: Workbench, cabinets, stand for table saw.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
First my new self-cleaning shop
Then a cherry entertainment center of my wife
Next a cherry bedroom set for my daughter
A rocking something for my second granddaughter
After that a 1/3 scale Fokker D-VII biplane with an inline 4 cylinder motor for me

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
I really like posts like this!!
A real shop with a wood floor, rustic cabin look on the ouside, tons of windows in it, old woodstove...
Maloof rocker, or a version of what Scott Morrison does
Grandfather or grandmother clock, all mechanical also
Cedar strip canoe

So many things, so little time...............

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS