Hammer + Left thumb = Broken Thumb

Attachments

• Broken Thumb.jpg
    Broken Thumb.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 294

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I have hit my left thumb so many times it thinks I hate it.
But thats the worst case of carpenters thumb I have ever seen.
Hope it gets better quickly, so you can go back to making sawdust.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
OUCH........I hope your thumb heals up quickly. Hopefully you broke it with just one whack.....if not then you would be a slow learner.:lol:

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ouch!!!!! You're supposed to move your thumb before striking with the hammer :lol: What were you hammering that you had to hit so hard to break bones :eusa_thin Hope you heal soon :icon_thum
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Hehehe.... that's why God gave us brad nailers and screw drivers!!! :lol:

On the brighter side, looks like you're splinted in the proper position to maintain a good grip on a cold brewski... :icon_thum

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I was installing a floor in my moms attic. The light was dim, but I still could see okay. I didn't learn with the first whack, so, I did it again! When I told the ER doc that I worked for Mr. Handyman here in Charlotte, I became the laughing stock for the night. LOL I was in Cartersville, GA at my mom's house when I did this. Geez!! Oh and it is broken.

Anna-Catherine

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Anna-Catherine,

Surely you could of thought of an easier excuse for buying a finish nailer and compressor! Cheaper and a lot less painful!:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

That had to hurt! (Been there, done that! Once, twice, three times. Ah heck I lost count after I lost the third thumbnail!)

Take it easy. heal well and get better light next time!

Be careful,

Wayne

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
I'm sorry to hear of your injury. When I was young (long time ago) I was told the only sure way to avoid hitting your thumb with a hammer is to hold the hammer with both hands. It works.
Roy

DavidF

New User
David
Sharp Blade said:
The light was dim, but I still could see okay.

Anna-Catherine

Oh really??????? Hope you get better soon, that must have been one hell of a nail to need hitting that hard.......

sapwood

New User
Roger
That's a huge OUCH!

But hopefully, your mom will be guilted into taking special care of you :-D

With genuine sympathy,
Sapwood

skeeter

New User
Charles
I didn't break mine, but my excuse for hitting it was shaky latter and bi-focals don't mix. When it hurts remember "I could have been on the table saw". Hope you have a speedy recovery.

OH YEA, HOW'S THE HAMMER???

MLB3164

New User
Marty
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of the time I heard a guy ask his buddy "here you hold the nail and I will hit it" Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Marty

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Ouch!! That thing sticks out like a SORE THUMB!!!

Ok, sorry about that. I'm thankful it wasn't more serious!

I have hit myself in the left thumb so many times I flinch when I pick a hammer up. And it really hurt every time. I can't imagine how it must hurt after hitting it hard enough to break it.

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Chuck

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
All better now. The thumb bone was cracked in 2 places, but I have hardly any pain. So, I took the casting off. All I have to show for my hard work is a bruised thumbnail...and it hardly looks anything like it did right after I hit it. LOL

Anna-Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS