i need Walker Turner bandsaw parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluchz

bluchz
User
i need the whole top wheel assembly?any hints on where to find one it's for a 14" bandsaw?
thanks
bluchz

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You might try cross referencing your needed parts with Rockwell/Delta. I have read that often you can find identical parts through them. There was a company Carpenters Machinery that supposedly bought up all the old WT part stock, but it looks like they have gone under and all their stuff is going/gone via IRS Auctions.
Possibly look there to see if you can find a part machine for cheap.

Dave:)

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I have a TK era Walker Turner 14"er I'm almost done restoring. That being said, I can probably answer any questions you may have. I'll second Dave's OWWM reference, its the best source around for the old stuff, and is quite possibly the second most friendly woodworking site on the net...Shoot me a note and we'll see what we can come up with.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I have a TK era Walker Turner 14"er I'm almost done restoring. That being said, I can probably answer any questions you may have. I'll second Dave's OWWM reference, its the best source around for the old stuff, and is quite possibly the second most friendly woodworking site on the net...Shoot me a note and we'll see what we can come up with.

Holy moly,I got a freakin fortune settin in my shop :gar-Bi IF i wanted to part it out :no: actually I picked it up a few months ago when I was in Tampa from a friend for 200 bucks :banana:all it needed was a decent paint job,of which I am in the process off doing now an I built a riser for it and it went from 8" resaw to 14".with a 105 x 3/4' blade,I'm gonna post some pic's when done in a few days.You got any pics of yours.Sorry didn't mean to hijack the post :gar-Cr

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Ken,

I'll be sure to post some pics when I finish the re-assembly. I will say that it is a great saw, and is as heavier than anything that size should be - cast iron wheels, wheel covers, trunnions, the thing is a beast. Congrats on yours, sounds like you got a great deal.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Heath,what kind of blocks do you have? cool blocks or bearing guides.I just found out that I have to replace mine.There in great shape,but they are solid steel and I am gonna look for cool blocks,unless I find a bearing setup that doesn't cost more than the lathe.Any ideas?

bluchz

bluchz
User
Wow so ok i can buy the 2 e-bay items from the post above and have $350 into a saw that will still need rebuilt after. On top of that i will probably have to buy a motor. If i put that muchinto an old saw, am i crazy? Are these saws that much nicer than a $350 one from the big box store? and the big ? will i feel guilty enough to use the snot out of it since i put all that $$ and time into restoring an old saw? lol

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Wow so ok i can buy the 2 e-bay items from the post above and have $350 into a saw that will still need rebuilt after. On top of that i will probably have to buy a motor. If i put that muchinto an old saw, am i crazy? Are these saws that much nicer than a $350 one from the big box store? and the big ? will i feel guilty enough to use the snot out of it since i put all that $$ and time into restoring an old saw? lol

That is the question you have to ask yourself.How much and what will I be using it for.As for that nut on ebay I think he's off his rocker :saw:I was lucky with the one I got,I may put a larger motor on it as I will be resawing 10 to 12" boards with it.Gonna post a pic this week(I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS