I may be going to the darkside - badger brush in redwood lace burl

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
I haven't used a lathe since 8th grade shop class, but I finally got one for christmas. Anyway, here is my first turning in a long time

this is a bunch of fun! I'm a complete amateur at this turning thing, but it is fun.

20mm Finest badger knot in Redwood lace burl

IMG_08211.JPG

View image in gallery

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Stick a fork in ya. You're done!:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum
Makes me wanna start shaving with a straight razor.
NOT!

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
I would have killed for a lathe for Christmas. That's a sweet deal. All I got was a 1 cup coffee maker, a 12 gallon Craftsman vac, and a Krups beer dispenser. Not even any fishing stuff!! I did buy myself a Porter Cable Router though:wsmile:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

That shaving brush is so good looking, I'm not sure I'd want to dip it into all that soap and water.

Very nice job

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the dark side, Dave!

You did a great job on that brush.:icon_thum I really like the wood choice.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! I keep a brush in my travel kit to use with a regular razor so that I don't have to pack shaving cream and worry about a can losing pressure or leaking or a tube drying out. A little dab of hotel lotion on hotel soap gives me a good shave.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Beautiful brush handle, looks really good with appealing proportions, and the ergonomics seem right on for me, too.

I bought a straight razor two years ago. My Mach 3 was taken over by the wife for leg duty, and my dad got my super-high-end-all-the-bells-and-whistles-with-lights-gizmos-and-doodads Norelco. Much smoother shaves, never any irritation, etc. Plus, now that I've gotten into woodworking, I already have all the DMT diamond hones plus the Shapton glass stone range from 220 - 16000 as well as other waterstones and naturals.

Badger and blade or straightrazorplace.com?

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
Beautiful brush handle, looks really good with appealing proportions, and the ergonomics seem right on for me, too.

I bought a straight razor two years ago. My Mach 3 was taken over by the wife for leg duty, and my dad got my super-high-end-all-the-bells-and-whistles-with-lights-gizmos-and-doodads Norelco. Much smoother shaves, never any irritation, etc. Plus, now that I've gotten into woodworking, I already have all the DMT diamond hones plus the Shapton glass stone range from 220 - 16000 as well as other waterstones and naturals.

Badger and blade or straightrazorplace.com?

Thanks for the comments fellas,

Ben, you're preaching to the choir here I'll never go back. I'm on both B&B and SRP, but mainly SRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS