I Can Now be "Half-Dressed"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well I took the plunge and bought me a new jointer last Friday and spent pretty much most of the weekend reading the manual and assembling. (I read some horror stories on another site about difficulties mounting the motor and aligning and tensioning the drive belt. It wasn't that bad once I hooked a neighbor to wrestle the bed in place!)

DSC00910.JPG

At least now I will be able joint my own lumber. In the next couple of months if I am good and save my pennies, I will try and find a deal on a planer. At least then I will be able to "fully-dress" my own stock and take some business away from the BORG!!!:lol:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
SWEET!!!! You'll like that jointer. I have it and it works great. I had no problems with the assembly either, but I had to mount the bed myself

:XXcombust

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score on the jointer Wayne! Next thing you know, you'll be buying mega-monster machines like some other members here:lol: . The only thing left to do is MAKE SOME SAWDUST. Oh, by the way, You Suck!, meant in the nicest way of course...
Take care,

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good deal on the jointer Wayne. I take it you are in the market now for a planer so you can be "fully dressed":lol:

D L

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Wayne,

Good luck with it and let me know how you like it. I'm in the market for a 6" jointer and I've narrowed it down to a grizzley or a Rikon. If anyone elso has any opions on either of these or another suggestion I'd be greatful to hear.

Thanks,
DanCam:saw:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Wayne,

Good snag on a stationary tool.

I've got an earlier version of the Ridgid jointer and have been very happy with it. How do you like their mobile base? I never did get one of them (and really want to). When you decide to go for the planer... I have the same brand and it does quite well for me... with little to no snipe.

Ray

Sully

New User
jay
dancam said:
Wayne,

Good luck with it and let me know how you like it. I'm in the market for a 6" jointer and I've narrowed it down to a grizzley or a Rikon. If anyone elso has any opions on either of these or another suggestion I'd be greatful to hear.

Thanks,
DanCam:saw:

Dan,

Sears is clearing out an older model (21706) of their 6 1/8 craftsan stationary joiner. It's a nice joiner and is priced at many stores at an incredible price ($104.97!). I picked one up in the Richmond area, but there was one NIB in the Rocky Mount, NC store about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it is still there, but may be worth a check. The model is basically the same as the current CM model (21705) but with the switches on the front panel. You won't find the 21706 model on the sears site, but here is a description at eopinions:

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Craftsman_Professional_6_1_8_in__Jointer_Planer__Stationary__3_Blade_Cutterhead_21706

BTW, if you are interested in it, you should check soon 'cause the guys over on bt3central.com are scooping them up left and right.

Jay

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I've got an earlier version of the Ridgid jointer and have been very happy with it. How do you like their mobile base? I never did get one of them (and really want to). When you decide to go for the planer... I have the same brand and it does quite well for me... with little to no snipe.

Ray

Actually Ray, I picked up the mobile base at Woodcraft. They have them on sale for $39.99 ($15.00 off). Here is link to their site:

http://www.woodcraft.com/tab/003.aspx

It is actually a pretty sturdy base and makes it a lot easier moving it around to make room for other STUFF!:slap:

Wayne

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Nice jointer. Hope you can get fully dressed before fall. You might get a bit chilly. :lol:

Paul

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I got my 6" Ridgid jointer about 2 year ago and have not had any problems with it. The only problem I had setting it up was I had no one to help set the top in place, it was tough. You will be surprised how much a little Johnson Paste help on the the bed. It really helps the wood to slide.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Let me add my seal of approval to your new jointer. I bought the very same one in November and it's great. My Dad helped me lift the bed on otherwise it would still be sitting in the floor. Thank goodness they don't charge by the pound or that machine would have been in the thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors