I believe that NCWW needs your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I want to ask your assistance. If we want women to feel comfortable participating on this site that we need to reign in the off-color jokes, tacky posts and questionable links. The site policy has always stated that we want it to be "family friendly" so that we know it would be okay if our children or young members were reading the posts. Let's get back to that philosophy.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very well stated Cathy, I am in complete agreement. :notworthy::notworthy:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I want to ask your assistance. If we want women to feel comfortable participating on this site that we need to reign in the off-color jokes, tacky posts and questionable links. The site policy has always stated that we want it to be "family friendly" so that we know it would be okay if our children or young members were reading the posts. Let's get back to that philosophy.

What happened now? I must of missed something. :dontknow:

KICK (Keep It Clean Klan) :gar-La;

cskipper

Cathy
What happened now? I must of missed something. :dontknow:

KICK (Keep It Clean Klan) :gar-La;

This is mostly a request to remember that women are members and potential members too. What may seem like harmless banter among men may not be interpreted the same way by women. We also have young members and children who read some of the posts. There is an entirely different interpretation on what's being written.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I agree, Cathy. I know of several classy men who are uncomfortable with that kind of stuff, as well. Mutual respect makes our world a more pleasant and gracious place to live.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
I completely agree with this philosophy. But I must admit, I can’t ever recall seeing anything even remotely off color. Of course it’s entirely possible I missed the post or it was removed before I got to it.

J

jeff...

gotcha - seeing I am the 2nd most moderated on the site. Next to DaveO (he's first at everything). You have my word I'll try and be good from now on. :gar-Bi

Glennbear

Glenn
Excellent thoughts Cathy, IMHO the thought to remember is, Would this post be ok for my Mom/sister/daughter to read :wink_smil

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very well stated, Cathy!!!:icon_thum

We must remember that this a public forum and most importantly we must adhere to the site policies. This is what NCWWK'er prides itself in.

Thanks for the post, Cathy.

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Am I in agreement, yes and Cathy knows I am. I also know that many are wondering what posts and/or threads have prompted this. Well, I think/hope that they have already been moderated/deleted. The fact that many of you have not noticed the posts & threads that have initiated this discussion is both testament to he hard work of the moderators AND how blind we all can be to some kinds of statements.

To use a quote that I think will best bring home the issue to many of our members "the good old boy humor needs to be reigned in."

cptully

New User
Chris
Since the first time I used email (1989) and Gopher (the precursor to WWW), my mantra has been "Am I posting something I am willing to have in 80 point type at the top of the front page of the NY Times, Washington Post and Chicago Tribune tomorrow morning?" This has kept me out of more trouble than I wish to even think about!

Chris

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Cathy,

Thank you for your post / reminder. I'm uncomfortable with some of the so-called humor I'm treated to (although I don't think there's too much of it here). What's worse, is that, since I'm a man, I'm expected to enjoy and participate.

Again, thank you.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
A well stated and important reminder that I fully support, Cathy :icon_thum :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS