How thin is to thin follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Today I think I just might have found the answer to my own question. You see it all started when my wife bought these brush holder/pincle holders off ebay made of bone. Very nice I thought so she suggested I make one. I had a chunck of black cherry with a bit of burll I got from Chris at the picnic. So I decided to see what I could do and here it is. As I got mear the end with the wall thicknedd it started to move with the pressure of the too. Now I think I know "How Thin Is To Thin". Thanks For looking. Have a Nice Day.

artist_brush_holder_1.JPG
Artist_brush_holder_2_.JPG
Artist_brush_holder_3.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would mix up a little black epoxy and fill that hole.

It is a great vessel and much thinner than anything I have tried to turn.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I dont know I kind of like the hole. It was there befor I was so I just might let it stay. Besides its just for holding pincles and such.

Thanks For looking.
Mark.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I dont know I kind of like the hole. It was there befor I was so I just might let it stay. Besides its just for holding pincles and such.

Thanks For looking.
Mark.

I like the natural voids myself,if its a tearout,then thats a whole different story.I think the piece looks neat,just don't give anybody a drink of water in it :gar-La;

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon

Thanks For looking.
Mark.

OK Mark,

I thought "it got TOO thin" right there and you went TOO far...

If it's naturally there, and you like it, by all means do it your way.

I thought you were somewhat upset that you goofed by making the hole... guess not.

:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors