[How Do I-Main Site] [How Do I-Main Site] Having trouble posting pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
... or why it ain't as easy as it looks. I am seeing more and more frustration with posting pics in links. Now don't get me wrong, I love the site and appreciate everyone who helps out here. But, I think there's more to this problem than meets the eye (pardon the pun). If I attempt to follow the basic steps outlined by more than one moderator, I don't get a pic added to the post.

1. Open two windows; one for the post, one for the picture in your gallery.
2. In the Gallery window, click on the desired pic
3. go to "Linked Thumbnail" and copy the supplied link
4. Go to the post and click on the "Insert Image" icon. Up pops a small dialog box. Paste the link you copied from the gallery in step 3.
showphoto.php
enjoy your pic....

Sounds simple... but it will not work using this laptop (Lenovo) and Firefox 2.0.0.12. I just attempted in this post and inserted the pic above... no joy!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
... or why it ain't as easy as it looks. I am seeing more and more frustration with posting pics in links. Now don't get me wrong, I love the site and appreciate everyone who helps out here. But, I think there's more to this problem than meets the eye (pardon the pun). If I attempt to follow the basic steps outlined by more than one moderator, I don't get a pic added to the post.

1. Open two windows; one for the post, one for the picture in your gallery.
2. In the Gallery window, click on the desired pic
3. go to "Linked Thumbnail" and copy the supplied link
4. Go to the post and click on the "Insert Image" icon. Up pops a small dialog box. Paste the link you copied from the gallery in step 3.
showphoto.php
enjoy your pic....

Sounds simple... but it will not work using this laptop (Lenovo) and Firefox 2.0.0.12. I just attempted in this post and inserted the pic above... no joy!
:widea:Step 4 is wrong:swoon:In this case, do not use, I repeat, DO NOT:no:, use the insert image icon. Just paste directly into your post text. See if that doesn't help

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, now let's get you to the expert level:wsmile: The box that you copied from under the picture has a little icon under it. Click on it. You'll see 3 more boxes. The one titled Medium image, copy its contents and then paste that in a post (reply to this).

Finally the instructions that you were using really are correct, but you should have used the contents of the box labeled Direct Link. That's the only one that is really a URL. All the others are called BB code and are pesuedo HTML for inserting images into post on a forum such as this.

Does that help make more sense.

BTW I would encourage you and everyone else to use the medium image rather than the linked Thumbnail, unless you are puuting a lot of pictures into one post.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I get it... I finally get it :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc. I hope others learn from my goofiness :slap:.

Thanks Steve :wav:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I get it... I finally get it :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc. I hope others learn from my goofiness :slap:.

Thanks Steve :wav:
Not your goofiness. Just a tutorial that needs rewriting to match the current version of our Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS