Home Theater/Entertainment Center Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Alright guys, my buddy just got a 50" plasma. Now once I get over the green eyed monster and can actually see straight again he wants me to help him build an entertainment center around it.

The TV is going over a gas fireplace.

The current design issue is removing the mantel. He and I both think we need to remove the mantel and build the cabinets around the fire place, his wife wants to leave the mantel and build around that.

Do any of you have pictures of anything like this? Or any pointers on the construction of this built in?

As always, I'll take any input I can get. TIA!!!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I am going the opposite way. My LR has a gas fireplace with a recess above it for a TV, but no mantle. I am going to get a flatscreen TV soon, want to spruce up the wall around the TV, but LOML wants a mantle. The TV will likely be surface mounted with no recessed cabinet, but I will need some way to bring out the speaker, antenna, and cable wires and a place to put the DVD, VHS, and DVR so a panel or two may actually be doors.

Now:

LR.JPG

Computer version:

LR-1.jpg

New design includes some additional mods that will not likely happen like moving the bookcase, and opening up the back wall:

LR-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors