Home Depot closeout on Ridgid Bandsaw and Drillpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
I was in the local H.D. today and they are now having a closeout sale on the Ridgid Bandsaw @ $184 and the Drillpress @ $160, may be regional right now but after seeing the way the jointer and granite tablesaw went these would be next in line, better check it out if interested, Love their lifetime guarantee, better than Delta and Lowes!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Re: Home Depot closeout on Ridgid Bnadsaw and Drillpress

bad time to be minus an income! smoking deals on either of those!

Glennbear

Glenn

Thanks for the heads up tommy, I need neither machine but check my local HD faithfully whenever I am town for a possible closeout on the Ridgid OSS. Now I know that these two have been marked down I will watch even more closely. :wsmile:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Are the HD folks replacing a model with an upgrade or just taking an item off the shelf? I have a couple of Rigid tools and have had good luck with them.

Glenn,

I do have their (belt / spindle) OSS. I waited for a long time for a sale on that thing and finally gave up waiting. I'm REALLY happy with that tool. (Think of a project for a loved one, a project with curved parts that will require an OSS in order to complete... :gar-Bi )

buildintechie

New User
Jeff

Which do you all think is more useful? A drillpress or a bandsaw?

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt

I'm actually in the market (sort of) for a drill press. Is the Ridgid model any good? At that price it'll be hard to beat, but if it's a marginal machine then I'll wait to get a deal on CL.

I have a DP in the shop at my disposal, but it's my brothers, and is subject to metal working. I am on a very slow quest to get all of his tools out of "my" shop, so I don't have to worry about metal in my wood, or on my tools.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Which do you all think is more useful? A drillpress or a bandsaw?

I can offer what may sound like a bureaucratic ambiguity... It depends on what you want to build. When you need one or the other, nothing really takes its place (arguments for hand drills and jig saws notwithstanding).

That disclaimer being said... I thing there are more, different things you can do with a band saw. It's good for everything from resawing wood, to curved cuts and the odd rip cut), to cutting dovetail joints, to cutting circles. Given the choice, I'd probably purchase a bandsaw before a drill press.

Since there are loads of ways to do things, what kinds of things are you thinking of doing? What kinds of projects do you want to build?

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis

Thanks for the heads up tommy, I need neither machine but check my local HD faithfully whenever I am town for a possible closeout on the Ridgid OSS. Now I know that these two have been marked down I will watch even more closely. :wsmile:

Glenn, I'm waiting for the same deal! Please give quick notice if you hear about that one coming!

Travis

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob

HD on Carolina Beach Rd., outside Wilmington has the bandsaw and drillpress on sale for HALF PRICE! Am headed there tomorrow morning for the bandsaw @ $184.50. Not the bandsaw of choice, but I can't pass up this deal!
I also called their big store in WIlmington (it's closer to Hampstead) and it wasn't reduced. Oh well... off to Carolina Beach rd!

Wish me luck!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

not yet reduced in the Fayetteville location....

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael

Not in Winston-Salem either. They did have the jointer on "clearance" at 439.00...

We never get the good deals. :cry_smile:cry_smile:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:no::no::eusa_booh:eusa_booh

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob

Just got back from the Carolina Beach Road HD outside Wilmington, AND I GOT MY BS! This is the first deal I've ever got like this!

Last night when I called, they said they had two and didn't expect them to be sold quickley, so I didn't have to feel that I should drive there right away. This morning when got to the store about 25 miles away, there was only one left! Phew!!! That was close.

Now I'll order the riser kit and some carter guides!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Hey Bob... [STRIKE]Congrats[/STRIKE] ...wait... we need photos, don't we?

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis

Just came from the Durham HD at Northpoint. Three Bandsaws there but no sign of a markdown. Please make sure you post your receipt!

Travis

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley

not yet reduced in the Fayetteville location....

If you're not buying any of them, please give me a heads up. I've been checking the jointer regularly. They wouldn;t do a price match of another store:gar-Cr

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob

Here's the proof - the HD bandsaw receipt and the bandsaw in my Jeep.

Yea!

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/HD_BD_Receipt_001.JPG]
HD_BD_Receipt_001.JPG
[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS