Hello to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
My name's Robert Waddell. I live in Charlotte and have a shop in Indian Trail. Got referred to this site from my friend and craftshow mentor walnutjerry.
After 22yrs in the textile chemical business my first career went to Central America and China. I turned my hobby into a business and am now starting my 4th year "makinsawdust" and selling what's leftover. I mostly do craft items which I market and sell myself, furniture commissions, and stage props for dance studios. Except for the later, most everything I do is mixed species and/or highly figured pieces made of solid wood. I'll try to get some pic's up in the gallery someday soon.
I look forward to getting to know you and the sharing of knowledge that takes place here.
Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Robert! seems to be a lot of people from the Union county area now.... Y'all could have a new 'lunch bunch'

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Robert. I am glad that you joined us. Any friend of Jerry's is very welcome around here. Please do post your pictures when you get a chance. I am very interested in see your work.
Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Robert!!! I live in Indian Trail. I'd love to stop by and visit sometime. I'll send you a PM when I'm done here.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Welcome to the sight Rob. Now I can tell all these folks about how nice your work is but they will NOT believe me until they see the pics.

Glad to see you decided to join us, looking forward to your input.

Jerry

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Rob -- Rob is a good name! And I like your screen name, too -- looking forward to seeing pictures of your work -- glad to have you on board and we're all happy that Jerry gave you the referral!

Rob

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Robert and welcome to the site. You sound fortunate to have turned a hobby you enjoy into making a living doing it.

charlie s

New User
Charles
Rob:

I live right outside Indian Trail and work with Mike (hpm67). Where is your shop located? I'd love to come by sometime and check it out.

Charlie

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome Rob!
Hope you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing pixs of shop and work. We're suckers for figured wood :mrgreen:

Roger

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Charlie I sent you a PM.
Mike get together with Charlie and come over sometime.
Skeeter I assure you it's not a living yet but it is an enjoyable job. LOML is the bread winner.
Mike my words of wisdom is get your ww'ing set-up as business now so that you can buy all your equipment and take the tax deductions while you still have a day job. That way you will get to profitability quicker when that day comes. I wish you the best.
Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Mike my words of wisdom is get your ww'ing set-up as business now so that you can buy all your equipment and take the tax deductions while you still have a day job. That way you will get to profitability quicker when that day comes. I wish you the best.
Rob

That is the way we are doing it... but kitchen cabinets are not exactly a part-time job that can be done around a regular job:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS