Hello from Scotts Hill, near Wilmington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman

New User
Albert
I started out as a carpenter (14 years) and took shop in school. That was the begining of my wood working and was lucky enough to work with some talented craftsmen during this time.
I enjoy making a mess in the shop and some times emerging with a very nice peice. I recently made to tapered splay leg tables out of walnut and cherry for my twin OLDER sisters.
I like building cabinents and furniture, some of it has a steep learning curve (prototype mess) and my lay dormant for awhile, but I get back to it following the refinement of the abnormal shaped prototype.
I find wood working fun, I enjoy using hand planes and collecting older unique hand tools.
Still perfecting the art of applying varnish and hand application of shellac.
Maybe some I will get it right.
I would appreciate some input on the above.
Thanks for letting me join this wood working group

sawman

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Sawman, we are honored to have you join us. I am sure you'll find lots of advice on improving your finishing tecniques here, I know I have. We would all like to see your handtool collection and some pictures of your work. About the only aspect of woodworking I've perfected is the art of making a mess, so you're in good company :lol: :lol:

Jump on in and have fun, it's a great site with great folks :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome aboard Sawman. Another Eastern NC ww'er. Our #'s are growing on this site. Maybe you can join us sometime for lunch in Wilmington when Sapwood (Roger) comes down I40 for a visit.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome Sawman!
Check out the site and join the fun and share pictures if you have some. :icon_thum

sawman

New User
Albert
Welcome aboard Sawman. Another Eastern NC ww'er. Our #'s are growing on this site. Maybe you can join us sometime for lunch in Wilmington when Sapwood (Roger) comes down I40 for a visit.

Splinter,
Thanks for the welcome and when Sapwood does decide to travel down this way please let me know.

sawman

May the power of the tools be with you.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Albert! Great to have another NCWWer from Wilmington :icon_thum
Splinter, Skeeter, Matt, Gillie, and the KMI folks (Kids Making It) have added much fun and knowledge to my Wilm visits. Of course, you guys could always do it without me. :cool:

Enjoy the site :mrgreen:
Roger (currently in Tallahasse, FL heading to St. George Island . . . it's too cold in Wilmington :lol:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome Albert -- always great to have another woodworker join our ranks.

Rob

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Albert,

Welcome to the website. This really is a terrific place. If you need any advice at all, just ask... I'm a past master at making a mess. I can also make piles of sawdust with the best of them.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors