Hello From Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippymbr

New User
Update your profile with your name
Greetings all from Southern Durham. I just joined and thought it prudent to introduce myself. I am a longtime woodworker/homebuilder who is currently a stay at home dad of 3 young ones. My curent project is to combine 2 shops into one as I inherited my fathers tools earlier than I ever thought I would. I have a few questions and am always ready to learn new and easier ways of doing things. I have a 32x22 shop with 10' ceilings that is now overflowing with tools. So you may see a few postings for tools that I have more than one of. A quick thanks to those who keep this site up and running.

Matt

dozer

Mike
Matt welcome to the best woodworking site on the net. I look forward to seeing some pics of your work. There are some real peachy members on the site :)lol: DaveO) That are always willing to help out and share a laugh.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Matt, welcome to the site. You will find it to be a valuable source of help in your woodworking as well as a great place to share some of your own knowledge. I look forward also to seeing some of your projects.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
matt, a useful tool for you, in selling those extra items would be to request a photo album through help desk, on the left of your screen, in the scrolling box.

Welcome to the forum! I, too, have recently inherited many of my father's tools much sooner than expected. My condolences.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matt, I am glad you decided to join us. You have already won my admiration (and I haven't seen your woodworking yet) by being a stay at home dad, of three 8-O 8-O 8-O Possibly one of the most difficult jobs, but I am sure one of the most rewarding.

Dave:)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Welcome to the site, Matt! You're probably not too far from Roger (Sapwood), who also lives in S Durham. That's a huge benefit of this site is that you actually have the chance to meet some folks or even run into them by accident on occasion.

I'll add my condolences as well. As someone with a father who's in very poor health, I'm not looking forward to that experience.

zippymbr

New User
Thanks soo much for the warm welcome! If I can just get this shop set up right I am chomping at the bit to get going again (my Jet air cleaner is not working now:crybaby2: ). Being a stay at home dad has been the best job I have ever done.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
zippymbr said:
Thanks soo much for the warm welcome! If I can just get this shop set up right I am chomping at the bit to get going again (my Jet air cleaner is not working now:crybaby2: ). Being a stay at home dad has been the best job I have ever done.
Well, retirement has been the best job, I've ever done.:lol:

Welcome aboard

DavidF

New User
David
I'll add to the welcomes and say that one of the major benefits of this site being "local" is the chance to meet some of the members in person - a nice bunch of guys and girls always ready to lend a hand.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt! This is a great site with lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks. We look forward to your contributions.
Take care,

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the NCWW. I'm glad you joined us. You said that you have a few questions, but as a long time woodworker and hombuilder, you probably have more answers than questions. I look forward to what you have to say about both of your expertises. I'm a weekend builder with Habitat for Humanity and have been building single family homes for them for some years now.

Tell us more about what you build... homes, projects, furniture, or whatever. And don't forget to post a few photos of your work.

Thanks for joining us.

Ray

novice99

New User
Mike
As someone who recently joined this site, let me add my welcome and repeat how helpful the men and women of this site are: swapping ideas, answering questions, and helping each other out.
Take your time with your Dad's tools and don't deal with that until you're ready. But I'm always interested in building up my tool inventory for the day that I get a real shop, so perhaps we'll meet when you get around to selling any duplicates.
Welcome aboard! :eusa_clap

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome aboard Matt. I am glad you could join us here at NCWW. I think you will find your time spent here both informative and enjoyable.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi neighbor and welcome to North Carolina Woodworker!

Condolences regarding you father.
I lost my father in 2000 and his shop tools were what got me interested in woodworking. 'Course I'm still figuring out what to do with them and the others I've acquired. :lol:

I'm retired and live near Southpoint (arrggh!). Look forward to learning more about your projects and sharing the knowledge and fun of NCWW :icon_thum

Roger

zippymbr

New User
Ray Martin said:
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the North Carolina Woodworker. I'm glad you joined us. You said that you have a few questions, but as a long time woodworker and hombuilder, you probably have more answers than questions. I look forward to what you have to say about both of your expertises. I'm a weekend builder with Habitat for Humanity and have been building single family homes for them for some years now.

Tell us more about what you build... homes, projects, furniture, or whatever. And don't forget to post a few photos of your work.

Thanks for joining us.

Ray

I love to build most anything. I did alot of additions and remodeling aroung the triangle area for the last 10 years. My friends call me the tool man, and someday I will take pics of my garage and show off alittle. I am about to do some work on my own house for a change that will include some custom cabinets in the new mudroom I am adding on. It will be a nice change for me to be able to make my own home look and feel nicer for once.

zippymbr

New User
sapwood said:
Hi neighbor and welcome to North Carolina Woodworker!

Condolences regarding you father.
I lost my father in 2000 and his shop tools were what got me interested in woodworking. 'Course I'm still figuring out what to do with them and the others I've acquired. :lol:

I'm retired and live near Southpoint (arrggh!). Look forward to learning more about your projects and sharing the knowledge and fun of North Carolina Woodworker :icon_thum

Roger

Its only been a few months since my dad passed and I thank alll of you for your condonences. I live very close to
southpoint off Lake Elton Rd. Might be nice to meet some of you locals one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors