Hello from Burlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Hi all from Burlington, or more precise, just north of Burlington in the Lake View area. I am an Intel System admin and work out of my home office.

Feel like I have a decent outfitted shop but lookin to replace/upgrade on a 14" bandsaw I sold a while ago which is how I found your site, quite by accident looking for info on band saws. Looks to be a lot of info here so I'm sure I'll be lurking in the background a lot.

I have been working with wood for many years. Had fell out of it for a while after moving to the house I currently live in but looking forward to getting the shop back in order, a 20 x 40 detatched shop with my office in one end of it. I enjoy turning, have done quite a bit of pen turning and would like to learn and become better at bowl turning.

Looking forward to reading your posts and perhaps meeting some of you.

Thanks,

Duane

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well howdy there, Duane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our great site!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc If you have any questions whatsoever regarding a new BS purchase, look no further. There are plenty of folks here that provide there recommendations as well as help spend some of your tool budget!:gar-La;

We love pictures!!! So, when you get a chance, by all means post some photo's of your new shop, tools and projects for us to see. Oh did I say....we do love pictures???

Post often and enjoy all of the camaraderie here at NCWW'er.

Have fun and stay safe!

Wayne

Rob

New User
Rob
Welcome Duane, I'm not too far from you, in Sanford. Actually wife has family in the Burlington area and I'll be headed up there to tow my father in laws jeep to his shop soon as I can get my trailer repaired.

Nice to have another darksider on the site.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to a great site to be a part of Duane, lots of good folks here.

If your in the area I think you are we're practicaly neighbors. I am about a quarter mile or so from the 16th hole of the Indian Valley golf course.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Duane. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sounds like you have a nice shop going there. Please post some pics. :thumbs_up This is a great group of folks. Feel free to jump in at any time. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Duane!
Be sure to check out the top menu in the "brown bar" for great links on wood suppliers, tool retailers, project downloads, and other great links. And of course, browse the Photo Gallery to inspire yourself to post pics of your projects.

Enjoy,
Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Duane, I am glad that you found us :eusa_danc. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work, shop, tools, or any other thing of interest.
See you around!!!!

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome aboard, it is great that you found us. I look forward to your input in the forums!!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the site Duane! It's great to have you with us. I'm just up the road in Hillsborough. If you ever want to pop over to see how I turn bowls, jus' lemme know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS