Heads Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No later than Jan 2, I will be leaving for San Jose for the birth of my 2nd grandchild.:eusa_danc Since I will be traveling by train, I will not be monitoring the site very much. Each leg of the trip is 4 1/2 days, so during those times I really will be out of touch. It also means means that I will be gone for almost a month. If my daughter goes into labor sooner than that, I will be leaving almost without notice.

So please remember that Monty is Webmaster and as such, is the last word on policy, etc.

Monty, if you are going to be out of touch, please be sure to designate someone to act in your place.

Thanks

clowman

Clay Lowman
Have fun Steve. I think I've only been on a train once in my life, it would be an interesting way to travel cross country.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Enjoy Steve! Sounds like a great way to see the country. Besides there is not much going on in NC during January. :eusa_shhh

Congrats on the new grandchild, hope all goes well.

Already shivering in the shop,
Roger

M

McRabbet

Steve, have a great trip -- it sure sounds like one to look forward to and to recall forever! Enjoy the train ride and the great family get-together!

BTW -- for all the rest of the crew, I'm back from a great trip to Myrtle Beach -- only had a little rain on Sunday and we played some superb golf courses (Glen Dornoch, Barefoot/Love, MB National/King's North, World Tour) and then again with friends on Monday at Olde Point in Hampstead, north of Wilmington in cold weather.

Rob

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Coagulations Steve :eusa_clap That is a longgggggggggg train ride but a nice way to see the country :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats on the addition! You seem to be traveling on trains a lot. Is it to enjoy the trip or to not fly? Seriously, enjoy the time and cherish the memories.

Oh yeah, send pictures!!!!

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Congrats on the addition! You seem to be traveling on trains a lot. Is it to enjoy the trip or to not fly? Seriously, enjoy the time and cherish the memories.

Oh yeah, send pictures!!!!
I don't fly at all any more. Last time I flew was 1991. This cross country trip is one I did every year until we moved here.

When done in the winter it is awesome. Going over the Rockies and then through the Sierras is unbelievable. By March there is usually 13 ft of snow on the ground when you go through the Donner Pass. It becomes real obvious why the Donner Party got trapped.:shocked7fl:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I don't fly at all any more. Last time I flew was 1991. This cross country trip is one I did every year until we moved here.

When done in the winter it is awesome. Going over the Rockies and then through the Sierras is unbelievable. By March there is usually 13 ft of snow on the ground when you go through the Donner Pass. It becomes real obvious why the Donner Party got trapped.:shocked7fl:

Hey, if your plane is flying that low, I can understand your reluctancy to fly!

Oh, you mean you can see the snow from the train! I get it now...
:rolf:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, grandson was born this morning, but I can't get a train until the 31st. Will arrive on the 4th.

So if there is anything that needs doing before then ,let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS